Exponent Atlanta GA Georgia
3 months ago
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable, and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of... experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
• 1100+ Team members
• 900+ Consultants
• 550+ Ph.D.s
• 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Electrical and Electronics Engineer for our Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice in Atlanta, GA. In this role, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to combine scientific and engineering principles, data driven techniques, and the most current experimental methods with robust subject-specific scientific expertise, to implement high-value solutions to complex technical problems.
You will be responsible for:
• Performing electrical engineering analyses and consulting related to ongoing Exponent work
• Critically assessing test results, methods of analysis, and testing protocols
• Generating new testing protocols based on new information
• Maintaining a systematic approach to data collection, analysis, and report writing
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
• Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or other engineering or scientific discipline that has a strong emphasis on electrical engineering fundamentals
• Technical background and hands-on experience in electrical engineering, electronics, controls, embedded systems, power systems, or automation
• Experience performing power systems analyses related to ongoing Exponent work including consumer product failure analyses, safety compliance investigations, patent analyses, and power system studies such as arc-flash, short-circuit analyses, and system modeling
• Experience in designing, constructing, and performing tests in a laboratory
• Experience analyzing electronic circuits via first principals or commercial software tools
• Experience with at least one common programming language such as Python, C/C++, Java, MATLAB, or similar
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams
• Ability to gather information and convey technical conclusions to individuals in engineering, business, and related industry
• Ability to support multiple group projects and market the Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice and its consulting services
Ideally, you will have a mix of:
• Depth: In select areas of Electrical Engineering, deep knowledge of theory and state-of-the-art analysis/experimental techniques
• Breadth: General knowledge across many areas of Electrical Engineering
• Practical Experience: Curiosity about Electrical systems and experience (professional/academic/hobbyist) in their construction, testing, maintenance, and operation
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at [email protected]
Atlanta GA USA
Electrical and Electronics Engineer Atlanta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.