Morgan Sindall Plc
Morgan Sindall Plc United Kingdom United Kingdom
3 months ago
About the role
An ambitious Senior Geotechnical Engineer/ Senior Engineering Geologist is required to support our growing ground engineering team, which sits within the Civil and Structural department.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning team working across multiple sectors with some high-profile clients, where you will gain exposure to a full range of ground conditions and not just siloed into specific areas.
The team is young, dynamic and value fresh innovative ideas! There is a great spirit across the wider team who often get together for social events.
You will have demonstrable geotechnical engineering experience within a design consultancy and a thorough understanding of ground engineering issues including desk study, ground investigation specification, technical report writing, ground modelling, earthworks design and foundation design.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
• Keep up to date with ground engineering design trends/customer... awareness/design techniques.
• Review specialist subcontractor’s reports for technical compliance with design intent.
• Carry out technical design reviews/critiques of projects in progress.
• Assist with developing staff by recommending appropriate training.
• Represent BakerHicks in external project technical meetings and site visits if required
Skills and experience
You will hold an MEng degree in Civil Engineering or a Degree in Civil Engineering or Geology with an MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology and ideally a Chartered Member of an appropriate body (ICE, GeolSoc, IMMM)
Ideally, you will have demonstrable experience in the following:
• Production of desk study reports
• Experienced in the scoping and delivery of ground investigations
• Ground modelling
• Mining risk assessments
• Preparation of Geotechnical Interpretive Reports
• Slope stability design (new build and slope remediation)
• Foundation design
• Retaining wall design
• Production of Geotechnical Design Reports
• Production of Earthworks Specifications
• Input to construction drawings
• Project delivery within some of the sectors we operate within, rail would be particularly advantageous
Ireland’s largest hospital. Europe’s most complex station development. World-class biomedical research laboratories. At BakerHicks, we provide an incredible range of design and engineering consultancy services to clients who demand exceptional results.
Specialising in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle, our disciplines range from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, programme management and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient and cost-effective design.
Working at BakerHicks means a chance to make your mark on some of the most exciting design and engineering projects in their sectors. Whatever your discipline, you’ll be alongside some of the most talented people in the industry.
Our network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport. And our salary and benefits packages are some of the best in the industry. What you get will depend on what you do, with individual performance-related rewards also on offer in addition to:
• Company car or cash allowance
• Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
• Life assurance scheme
• 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
• Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
• Family friendly policies
• Employee assistance
• Professional development
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Senior Geotechnical Engineer/ Senior Engineering Geologist United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.