Nokia Ontario Canada
3 months ago
Join us in creating the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud. At Nokia you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
The team you'll be part of
Network Infrastructure IP Routing
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
The IP Routing division leads the industry with the best Network Processor technology (FP5), QoS, parallel processing, Network Function Virtualization... and product quality. Products cover the spectrum from small CPE-devices supporting a few low-speed Ethernet links to carrier-class and data center-class systems supporting terabits of routing capacity. Our world-leading technology enables us to offer customers 800GE and 1.6T links with unparalleled routing features.
Job Position Description:
As a Hardware Test Engineer in the IP Routing Hardware Manufacturing Test Engineering group, you will be responsible for: developing test applications for products produced at Nokia contract manufactories; supporting Nokia Mexican and contract manufacturer test team to debug difficult product issues ; analyzing manufacturing quality issue. This position requires a self-starter who works well in a team or independently in a multi-disciplined and culturally diverse organization. This position also requires a person who has the ability to multitask in a high-paced environment managing multiple issues simultaneously. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are essential.
What You Will Learn And Contribute To
As part of our team, you will:
• Analyze product manufacturing quality issues, conduct failure analysis, and perform RCAs. Provide feedback of problems encountered in manufacturing to Nokia’s R&D, quality, and process engineering teams.
• Review production test data and optimize product test applications (reduce cost of test, enhance product quality).
• Develop new test applications for products entering manufacturing and products being tested at Nokia’s customer Repair Center.
• Develop test sequences using National Instruments TestStand and LabWindows CVI tools.
• Provide test application training and support to Nokia Mexican & Contract Manufacturer test teams. Assist with difficult product debug problems.
Your Skills And Experience
• University degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Engineering or Technologist Diploma.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience with C/C++ programming and National Instruments TestStand and CVI environment.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with both board and system level manufacturing test development and support.
• Minimum 2 Years work experience in a Manufacturing Test Environment
• Ability to read product schematics and perform digital circuit analysis. Experienced in analyzing hardware failures and production data to identify trends and troubleshoot failures.
• Experienced in the use of standard test tools like oscilloscopes, meters and traffic generators for production testing and debugging.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Familiar with IP and other telecom technologies.
• Familiar with Python scripting.
• Experienced in the use of production data collection tools and product data management tools like Agile.
• A valid Canadian passport to travel outside Canada.
What We Offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
• One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
• Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
• Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
• LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
Integration, Verification & Testing - Applied R&D Engineer
Hardware Test Engineer Ontario jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.