Center for International Forestry Research
Center for International Forestry Research Indonesia Indonesia
3 months ago
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and... nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
The Accountant Treasury and Fixed Assets will maintain fixed assets register and recording fixed assets transactions on timely basis. Perform Fixed Assets and inventory physical check according to CIFOR_ICRAF policy. Controlling Petty cash and bank balance to support operating of organization and mitigate any associated risks within the Treasury function and in addition contribute to the development and implementation of a clear and well-defined Treasury management strategy for CIFOR_ICRAF.
Duties and responsibilities
Banks and Relationships
• Maintaining the relationship with Bogor approved banks and INTL FX Agency
• Correspond regularly with banks and when necessary to ensure all banking issues are resolved promptly.
• Prepare paper works for the opening and closing of bank accounts and corporate credit cards and follow up for necessary approvals in Bogor.
• Maintenance of CIFOR bank mandates and ensuring only approved signatories are maintained in the banks.
Banking and Cash Flows
• Assis in Monitor and maintain bank accounts balances of banks at CIFOR and the countries and inform supervisor.
• Assist to manage, maintain and ensure that there is adequate balance among banks to meet the daily operations and obligations.
• Arrange internal transfers between banks
• Review of Bogor & Countries monthly reconciliations for final approval and highlighting any issues and overseeing their resolution.
• Consolidation and disbursement of imprest to Countries and project offices.
• Prepare bank reconciliation for Bogor Hubs Banks and countries offices ( with no capacity)
• Prepare bank reconciliation for CIFOR Germany Office
• Preparation of paper works for the opening and closing of bank accounts and corporate credit cards and follow up for necessary approvals for CIFOR
• Monitor, inform exchange rate
• Assist in preparing monthly cash flow
• Get exchange rate for beginning and ending balances
• Back up on verifying electronic payments on the various banking platforms for Bogor.
• Extract the daily reports from the various banking electronic platforms and shared the reports with the relevant stakeholders.
• Inform incoming transactions through banks to project account and general account and prepare acknowledgement letter, if required
• Record incomings in general ledger
Credit Cards Relationships.
• Maintenance of AMEX and other corporate credit cards relationships.
• Review Petty Cash transactions
• Monthly cash counts
• Review monthly reconciliations of Petty Cash and other Cash on Hand accounts for final approval.
• Do surprise test
Internal & External Audits
• Assist in preparation and submission of audit schedules and information relating to the Treasury function for Bogor.
Fixed Assets and Inventory Management
• Maintenance of Fixed Assets Records in the financial system. This includes assets capitalization, transfers, depreciation and disposal.
• Assist in Monitor Capital Invested in Fixed Assets & Capital Funds and prepare monthly schedules.
• Create of new asset records and preparation of assets analysis reports as and when required.
• Calculation the monthly depreciation, monitor accumulated depreciation and assets disposal in the financial system.
• Conducting annual fixed assets verification exercise and reconciliations thereof.
• Ensure quarterly stock takes, reconciliations and posting of any required adjustments of the inventories is done.
• Review Monthly reconciliation of the inventories sub-ledger to the general ledger
Capital Expenditures Budget and Capital Fund
• Record capital fund movement
• Supervise staff directly reporting to you by managing their performance, including setting goals and objectives, coaching, and delivering results
• Perform performance evaluation for the team, both mid-year and annually
• Implementation of internal control systems that ensure CIFOR_ICRAF attains its objectives, produce accurate and reliable data for decision making.
• Ensure compliance to policies and safeguard of CIFOR_ICRAF assets.
• Ensure deployment of control activities through implementation of CIFOR_ICRAF policies that establish what is expected and procedures that put policies into action.
• Identify and assess changes that could significantly impact the system of internal control in the Centre.
Evaluate and communicate internal control deficiencies in a timely manner to the supervisor.
• Education, knowledge and experience
• Under graduate master’s degree in a relevant field
• Broad knowledge in Auditing, Accounting and Finance
• Good Knowledge on the Banking Industry
• Understanding of financial markets
• Fluent in both Written and Spoken English
• Experience with automated financial systems
• Knowledge of the integration of financial systems with banking platforms would be desirable.
• Experience in donor funded projects and finances
• Strong computer skills
• Strong negotiating skills
• Minimum of 5 years’ experiences in finance function
Accountant Treasury and Fixed Assets Indonesia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.