ENGIE SOLAR Linkebeek Belgium
3 months ago
Do you want to be part of solving a worldwide challenge, namely the energy transition towards sustainability?
Are you passionate about software development and digital technologies?
If so, come and join our team, help the energy transition by working on innovative R&D projects and help us build great digital solutions with elegant software architectures and new technologies
Working for our Digital Department Our Digital department develops digital solutions to support the sustainability transition in the energy sector. We design and develop software as a service integrating the different activities of Laborelec to help and empower our customers.
Our teams are specialized in Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Measurement Systems, Software and Embedded Software Engineering, Instrumentation & Control, and Industrial Cyber Security. Altogether, we develop solutions for both external customers and for Laborelec business lines.
Our solutions for customers are typically the outcome... of close collaborations between business colleagues (energy experts), product owners, and digital experts. We provide solutions of different types such as industrialized software (for commercial solution), prototypes or proofs of concepts (for R&D projects) and various digital services to help people to be more efficient and propose new services.
Context of the job
We are currently in the process of scaling up our development team while implementing agile more professionally. By the end of this year, we expect to have a team of a dozen developers divided into 3 sub-teams. These teams have different focuses and ways of working depending on the business they provide service for.
In this context, we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with Devops skills, mastering AWS and open-source technologies.
As a DevOps
• You manage incidents on the core platform where other applications are running. Stability is key.
• Depending on the nature of problems, you propose and implement solutions in collaboration with other teams.
• You guide other teams so that they can be autonomous in the devops part of their applications.
• You propose new tool and eventual evolution of our platform to improve o
the automation of our deployment pipelines o
monitoring of our systems and applications o
overall stability and scaling
You may be our future colleague if you…
• Expertise in AWS cloud is highly recommended and a strong plus. Expertise in the following technologies is a plus: Redis, Kafka, MongoDB, InfluxDB,
Elastic search, Nginx, NewRelic, Fluentd, Gitlab, Vagrant, Conda, Ansible, Kubernetes…
• Have a passion for elegant solutions and you have an eye for detail and correctness.
• Are a real teamplayer, you involve colleagues, give support, share information and are not afraid to give constructive feedback;
• Are able to convey a clear message with impact and adapt your communication to your interlocutor
In your career...
• You’ve acquired a relevant experience as devops
• You’ve graduated with a University Master degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
• You have learnt to be fluent in English and ideally either French or Dutch
What’s in it for you?
• Agile solutions development. You will have the opportunity to develop fully workable solutions from scratch as we support the whole chain of development (from on-the-field data acquisition to cloud data processing). Many solutions are developed in close collaboration with the final users (Laborelec colleagues) making the development process dynamic and motivating
• Advanced technological environment. We’ve adopted a micro-service oriented architecture with a strong focus on continuous integration and deployment. Infrastructure as a code and automated testing are the cornerstone of our devops methodology. Some keywords elements of our technological environment: Python, Gitlab, Ansible, Docker, AWS, Kafka, Elastic cloud, MongoDB, nginx, newRelic,… We use tools as Jira, Salesforce and Office 365 for project follow-up and communication.
• Great work environment. Flexible working hours, flat company structure where everyone can have their say, access to professional training platform, and possibility to attend tech conferences, a great working site for the Nature lovers.
• Salary package involving extra-legal perks. Such as: collective and individual bonus, meal vouchers, representation costs, company car, healthcare insurance, pension plan, cell phone with data plan, 34 holidays,...
Curious about ENGIE Laborelec?
ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise and research centre in electrical power technology. It was established in 1962 in order to support Belgian electricity companies with research, development, and specialized services. Today, it is part of the group ENGIE (GDF SUEZ), a world leader in energy.
We are active on the whole electricity value chain and we work towards a sustainable energy future. Our team of more than 280 experts, in a range of disciplines, includes specialists in chemistry, materials science, electrical machinery, power electronics and cybersecurity. Together, we assist the energy sector, from operators to investors, carrying out innovative research and providing world-class energy services.
Our headquarters are located near Brussels, and we also operate branch offices in the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and Abu Dhabi.
Who are our clients ? ENGIE Laborelec offers services to all players in the electricity sector. Electricity producers and grid operators are among our historical customers, but our offer does not end there: we also serve the industry in its broadest sense, as well as communities and the public sector.
If you want to know more about ENGIE Laborelec, you can check this video on our website; https://www.laborelec.com/jobs/
Additional Information Posting Date: Mar 24, 2022
Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Linkebeek jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.