Spectrum Care Auckland New Zealand
3 months ago
$22.49 - $28.25 per hour
Beach Haven Auckland
Relevant experience required
Every person with a disability deserves a life of freedom, choice and independence. We have casual roles available in Beach Haven Auckland for people who want to help children and youth with disabilities to maximise their potential. We are on the look-out for passionate, committed people to work with us in our respite homes, providing support to an amazing bunch of children and young people from ages 5-21 years old. We provide diverse support options, from working with babies and children through to providing crisis support for youth. The children have challenging behaviours and require personal care.
The children we support go to school during the day and as such, this role may involve split shifts (early mornings/late afternoon and onward), in additional to weekend and sleepover shifts. We require someone with full availability to work all shifts.
At Spectrum Care, we provide support for... adults with intellectual and/or physical disabilities to live great lives.
As a Community Support Worker you will provide assistance with personal activities such as community participation, socialising, work or education and daily living tasks.
Skills & Experience:
• Experience with challenging behavior
• Empathy and willingness to support people with their personal daily living tasks, their goals, dreams and aspirations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with your colleagues and the people you support.
• Sharing your own unique life experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Reliability, commitment, and passion for working with people
• Desire to learn on the job and study towards qualifications
• A full New Zealand driver's licence
• Ability to use the internet and outlook
• Availability to work on a rotating roster Monday through to Sunday
What the role offers:
• Ongoing training
• A meaningful, life changing career
• Supportive Team, respectful and inclusive Culture
• Pay rates from $22.49 - $28.25 per hour
If you're interested in supporting people to develop self-confidence and independence, and live their lives of choice, we want to hear from you today
Auckland New Zealand
Community Support Worker - Auckland jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.