Rakuten Asia Pte Ltd
Rakuten Asia Pte Ltd Singapore Singapore
3 months ago
Rakuten, Inc. (TYO: 4755), is one of the world’s leading Internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal & media, online marketing and professional sports. Rakuten is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe, and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees worldwide. For more information, visit http://global.rakuten.com/corp/about/.
Marketing and advertising plays very important role in Rakuten eco-system. As a software engineer of Global Ad Technology Department, your mission is to provide software solutions to enable various marketing activities and boosting up/add value to entire Rakuten eco-system.
Your colleagues are responsible for creating and maintaining marketing / advertisement products for various regions, such as Japan, Taiwan, and US. Your assignment will... be in the engineering team serving for Japan advertisement business.
Team is also collaborating with Tokyo/Japan & India development teams for many projects, and Singapore team will expand to cover both developments and operations. This means day-to-day tasks requires requirements analysis, architecture design, dev specs writing, coding, testing, and production support as well. In this cross border dynamic circumstances and wide range of responsibilities, you are expected to show good communication skills, strong ownership, self-organized attitude to build up cross border teamwork culture.
• Assigned to software development projects and/or system enhancements as senior engineer.
• Be engaged in a whole process of development project (requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing/verification, deployment, operation/maintenance).
• Work closely with project manager, tech lead and other engineers. Some of them are in different locations such as Japan and India, and you need to communicate with them in English/Japanese.
• Always improve the design quality, code quality, testing quality and system quality spontaneously.
• addition, create such a culture in our team.
• Understand business needs and user behavior, and develop solutions to those needs.
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our systems, and propose system improvements.
• Guide and support less-experienced members as mentor and role model to improve the team productivity and achieve team’s goals together.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience as full stack Java Developer
• Strong hands-on experience of designing & developing large web applications using Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate
• Strong knowledge and experience of designing RESTful web services
• Strong knowledge and experience of OSS (Linux, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis)
• Strong knowledge and experience of quality assurance and automation testing methods
• Basic knowledge of source control systems (Git, SVN)
• Basic knowledge of CI/CD (Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Kubernetes)
• Strong experience of system operation in Linux environment
• Experience of guiding juniors or leading a team
• Hands on experience of test-driven development (TDD)
• Experience working on SQL, writing custom queries and designing schema
• Knowledge of designing and developing distributed architecture for multi-tier applications and secure programming
• Smooth communication skills with tech/non-tech people in Japanese
• Experience working with a remote team
• Experience working in digital marketing domain
• Familiar with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
• Basic knowledge about CSS, front end libraries like ReactJS / AngularJS
• Experience in performance testing and application tuning.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or IT related field
• Good adoption to Rakuten corporate culture: http://global.rakuten.com/corp/about/philosophy/
• Love and devote yourself in our service and system
• Positive attitude and strong desire to learn from and share with colleagues
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief, or age
Senior Software Engineer (ACMP) Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.