International Water Management Institute
International Water Management Institute Sri Lanka Sri Lanka
3 months ago
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center is looking for a competent, self-motivated, and dynamic candidate to join as Research Administrative Manager. The Research Administrative Manager is responsible for providing high level of administrative and operational support to the Deputy Director General (DDG -R4D) and secondly to advance working relationships and needs across country offices and senior research management staff to ensure smooth, proficient and efficient operations across the organisation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support to the DDG
• Act as the first point of contact for the office of the DDG-R4D, scheduling appointments and meetings, and updating the DDG’s calendar;
• Ensure that enquiries and correspondence to the DDG-R4D’s office are responded to in an appropriate and timely manner;
• Organize and coordinate physical and virtual meetings. Prepare agendas, take and produce minutes and meeting reports. Follow up with... relevant participants on their commitments and deadlines;
• Coordinate and follow up on the performance review process of the DDG-R4D’s directs reports and their respective teams. Coordinate contract renewals, probation confirmations, and development of new positions and ensure delivery as required by HR. Must maintain strict confidentiality and ensure completion of reports and decisions as required by HR;
• Manage all internal communications with the Director General’s Office, the regional offices, Strategic Programs, Partnerships and Knowledge Management, Corporate Services Division and other offices within IWMI, and organize and coordinate regular virtual communication meetings for the DDG-R4D;
• Coordinate travel arrangements for the DDG-R4D and complete post-travel activities;
• Assist in preparing presentations and other materials for the DDG-R4D for internal and external meetings;
• Provide operational assistance and oversee logistical support for major events, meetings and conferences;
• Foresee new or adjusted tasks, manage time, and plan adjustments to support accordingly, and aim to ensure effective communications and achievement of deadlines;
• Contribute to the coordination and drafting of relevant reports, including those for the Management Team, Program Leadership Team and Program Committee of the Board.
• Provide support and complete or coordinate other administrative duties as assigned and required by the DDG-R4D.
Manage and oversee
• Manage and oversee Administrative Support Officers
• Ensure consistent, efficient and best practice is being followed and undertaken by two country support officers in relation to booking travel, hiring consultants, tracking budgets, arranging workshops and wider administrative support in relation to supporting the research programme in Sri Lanka
• Liaise with Business Strategy and Delivery Group to evaluate ongoing and future needs in relation to country office support
• Work with DDG, Country Representatives (CRs), Strategic Program Directors (SPDs) and Research Group Leaders (RGLs) to establish and lead the running ARM and ELT (and any other internal and external strategic) meetings as directed by the DDG and supported by the two Admin Support Officers.
Establish and convene a Community of Practice for Office managers and support staff
• Create a forum which meets regularly to share information on practices, policies, and any updates with the aim of increasing capacity and efficiency and communication between headqueaters and regional offices.
• Convene and run monthly meetings providing summary notes and feedback to DDG and Head of Administration, specifically identifying any areas requiring immediate or medium-term attention.
• Obtain quarterly feedback from all research groups to gauge satisfaction levels of the service delivery received from all research admin support personnel and develop plans to rectify gaps and deliver continuous improvement in support extended.
• Attend to all service and other requests, and queries in a timely manner and bring such service requests to a closure in line with service delivery KPI’s set.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
• A university degree in a relevant scientific discipline equivalent professional status awarded through a professional institute OR equivalent knowledge derived through experience that meets all requirements of the level, i.e. general responsibilities, skills and abilities.
• Work experience in an international organization
• At least 5 years’ relevant administrative experience;
• Experience in creating PowerPoint presentations; and experience in building and sustaining relationships with diverse stakeholders;
• Experience in the preparation of information, papers and reports.
• Excellent command of English (Written and verbal);
• Good organizational skills, with ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely manner;
• Demonstrated strong communications skills, particularly with respect to the preparation of correspondence and briefings;
• Demonstrated use of good judgment and adaptability to changing office demands;
• Ability to work independently;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a good team player;
• Ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level;
• Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner; and personal attributes such as high standards of conduct, respect, flexibility and sound work ethics.
Research Administrative Manager Sri Lanka jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.