Virgin Australia Brisbane QLD Australia
3 months ago
• Work type:
09 Mar 2023 E. Australia Standard Time
Technical Writer - Airline
• Exercise your passion for process and policy
• Be part of close-knit supportive team
• Monday to Friday with flexible working options
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little differently. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
We pride ourselves on recruiting the right people into the right roles and we’re always looking for team members in all specialties to join our crew. Virgin Australia Group team members are pretty unique, and we all have the same DNA inside us... which makes us want to go one step further for our customers and each other. When we live our shared values, we can do things that most people would think impossible, and we think that’s pretty cool.
As a result, every person we come into contact with – be it our guests, customers, colleagues or the community, will feel and experience better outcomes, based on the interactions we have with them.
What you will be doing
The Flight Operations Technical Support Officer role (Technical Writer), will be the custodian for managing the suite of Flight Operations manuals. Working with the Flight Operations management team you will be responsible for developing and documenting content for the Flight Operations manuals and ensure quality control.
You will also assist the Flight Operations management team in the execution and co-ordination of technical and operational support functions. You will work closely with other departments to ensure that regulatory changes are assessed and actioned whilst maintaining compliance at all times.
Reporting to the Operational Information Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Liaise with company manual Controlling Authorities to harmonize procedures
• Execute the review & update processes of the Operations Manual suite, supplementary operational instructions, and other ancillary controlled documentation functions
• Action & administer requests for the publication of new manuals, revisions to existing manuals
• Liaise with Jeppesen for all EFB, charting and Ground Control products and content.
• Provide administrative and technical support for special projects as directed by the Operations Information Manager
You'll be great in this role if you:
• Demonstrated experience within an Airline operational environment
• Exceptional administrative skills including intermediate-level MS Word, Visio, Excel & Outlook
• Experience and expertise in analysing issues to write reports/assignments using sound grammatically correct English.
• An understanding of Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) regulations and experience with Jeppesen EFB solutions.
• Ability to partner and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
• Tertiary qualifications in Aviation and/or a pilot's license will be highly regarded
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
• Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
• Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
• Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
• Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
• Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
• Wellness support, including the better me digital wellbeing platform
• A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now
Brisbane QLD Australia
Jobs in Brisbane QLD Australia
Technical Writer - Airline Brisbane QLD jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.