University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust
University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust Chichester United Kingdom
3 months ago
The post holder will provide a high standard of midwifery care within the hospital setting to women before, during, and following childbirth.
Candidates will be required to provide the necessary supervision, care and advice to women during pregnancy, labour and the postpartum period, to conduct deliveries under their own responsibility and care of the newborn.
Work autonomously in accordance with the Nursing & Midwifery Council’s “Midwives Rules” and University Hospital’s Sussex Trust Guidelines.
We are a four site Trust. Our hospital sites are Royal Sussex County Hospital (Brighton), Princess Royal University Hospital (Haywards Heath), St Richards Hospital (Chichester) and Worthing Hospital (Worthing). Cross site working and training may sometimes be required.
Candidates will participate in the preceptorship programme which will run for 12-18 months. The programme is bespoke and provides the opportunity for personal development. The interview process for this vacancy will be a... show case of our preceptorship programme and a safe opportunity for us to get to know you. We are asking for you to come and talk to us about a specific interest you have in midwifery and all interview questions will be based around our interest in this subject.
For further information on joining our Maternity team at UHSussex please view www.uhsussex.nhs.uk/maternity-jobs
• Take full responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating midwifery care consistent with evidence based practice for mothers, babies and families.
• Discuss options and support parents in making informed choice in their plan of care e.g. Birth plan, pain relief, infant feeding, baby care, return to work and family planning.
• Discuss options and support parents in making informed choice in the period following birth.
• Analyse and evaluate the effectiveness of such care, making necessary modifications of any midwifery care pathway and give professional advice and support as required.
• Act as the clients advocate and empower them to promote their own health and well-being.
• Respect the need for privacy and dignity and obtaining service user’s informed consent throughout the childbirth continuum.
• Refer clients to other practitioners, e.g. senior midwife, obstetrician, physiotherapist and paediatrician when needs and risks are beyond one’s scope of practise or require specialist input.
Join us at UHSussex, every day is different, you can be the change, better never stops
At UHSussex we’re proud to be at the heart of the NHS. As one of the UK’s largest acute Trusts, we’re a leading example of the excellence, the ambition and the values that have embodied the NHS for over 70 years.
Improving lives: We are a vibrant and inclusive organisation, with hardworking, talented and dedicated individuals, who work together towards a common goal, to always put our Patient First. Our mission is summed up by our ‘where better never stops’ motto and no matter the role at UHSussex, you will play a part in driving us forwards and in improving the lives of patients across Sussex. We treat our patients and staff with the same compassion and empathy we expect for ourselves. We’re here for them when they need us, and we go above and beyond to meet their needs. This can be seen in our wellbeing programme for staff which is extensive and designed to support you when you need it because we know that to look after others we must first look after ourselves.
Build a career with us: As a university trust and a leader in healthcare research, we value learning, teaching and training so that we can be the best that we can be. From the moment you start with us and throughout your career we will help you to grow and develop. We hope that in choosing UHSussex you are choosing a long and happy career where you will be able to see the difference you make and feel valued for all that you do.
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Claire O Brien Job title: Practice Education Facilitator Email address: uhsus[email protected] Telephone number: 01243 788122
Please contact the team via the email address provided if you have any questions
Jobs in Chichester United Kingdom
Midwife - Soon to Qualify Chichester jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.