Nicola Wealth Vancouver Canada
3 months ago
We have a lot to be proud of at Nicola Wealth. Our sophisticated financial planning, our diversified private investment funds and their exceptional performance, our 99% client retention rate and our award-winning culture, combine to position us as a national leader in wealth management. Recognized as a Best Managed Company and one of Canada’s Top Employers, we are dedicated to upholding our firm’s values through this phase of significant growth.
By bringing together smart, dedicated and supportive colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in a values-driven work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for you to make a real impact and build a rewarding career. We are passionate about our business, our culture and investing deeply in your growth and development to build for the future. If you have this same drive, then let’s talk!
About Nicola Public Fixed Income
As of... November 30, 2022, Nicola Public Fixed Income team manages more than $800 million in various mandates. The team is part of the Nicola Wealth Public Assets Group which manages over $3.2 billion in assets across both equity and fixed income mandates. Nicola Wealth as a firm manages over $12.8 billion of assets across public and private markets on behalf of its clients.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a commitment to excellence and experience in assisting in the management of public fixed income portfolios. The individual will work alongside members of the Public Assets team. The Senior Analyst would be responsible for assisting the portfolio manager of public fixed income in credit research, trading and execution, portfolio construction, risk management, and interacting with market participants. In addition to day-to-day portfolio management, the individual would contribute to the overall success of the public assets team and Nicola Wealth as a whole.
This position will operate in a hybrid working model in Vancouver, or Toronto.
As the Senior Analyst, Public Fixed Income, your key accountabilities will involve:
• Perform in-depth research on the fixed income market and bond instruments.
• Good understanding of the risks of fixed income securities and underlying companies.
• Conduct research analysis on global economies, financial markets, industry sectors and individual companies.
• Monitor existing portfolio positions and make relative value decisions based on a combination of bottom-up and top-down fundamental credit research.
• Assist in the preparation and presentation of materials for credit, sector, or topical reviews.
• Participate in meetings with corporate issuers and industry analysts.
• Assist with the integration of new technologies to streamline investment management process.
• Assist in ad-hoc projects for the broader public assets team.
• Trade and execute positions based on analysis and manage relationships with service providers.
• You have a passion for credit investing and portfolio management.
• You have a good understanding of North American credit markets.
• You are entrepreneurial, proactive, and thrive in a high growth fast paced environment.
• You have a professional demeanor with the ability to build trust with our people and partners.
• You are collaborative and team focused, with the ability to function in a team.
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• You have well-developed organizational and time management skills.
• You are calm and collaborative under pressure.
As the Senior Analyst, Public Fixed Income, your experience and qualifications will include:
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in fixed income portfolio management and/or credit analysis.
• Undergraduate or Graduate degree.
• Proven credit due diligence and underwriting skills.
• Experience in portfolio risk management.
• Past experience trading fixed income instruments.
• Ability to function in a team environment.
• CFA, CA, CPA, MBA, or CBV considered an asset.
• You are legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer.
• You are willing to travel in North America.
• Ability to work with large data sets and strong technical proficiency in statistical analysis including statistical programming languages considered an asset.
Please include both cover letter and resume in your application. Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: nicolawealth.com/careers
Senior Analyst, Public Fixed Income Vancouver jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.