Aviso Wealth Vancouver Canada
3 months ago
At Aviso Wealth, we are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of Canadians. As a leading wealth management organization, we are committed to service, partnership, and innovation. Working with talented and energetic professionals who exemplify our values every day, you will quickly notice that our people and dynamic culture sets Aviso Wealth apart. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso Wealth has to offer at www.aviso.ca.
We’re looking for a Securities Administrator to join our Operations team.
Your role will be required to regularly perform essential duties on behalf of the company from your assigned Aviso office. Your role is considered low flexibility, requiring you to work onsite 4-5 days per week at our office at 1111 West Georgia St, Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Corporate Actions, the Securities Administrator is responsible for... processing physical securities efficiently and accurately, providing exceptional customer service, and working within a team environment.
Who you are:
• Service – You consider both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients’ needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Aviso Wealth to become a trusted advisor and partner
• Execution – You are committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on “getting things done”, as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes
• Collaboration – You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization
What your day looks like:
• Verify certificate/DRS details of all incoming securities for negotiability
• Process receipt of physical securities with competing deadlines and SLA obligations
• Prepare, review (for Corporate Actions) and process negotiable certificates which are eligible for custody to Canadian or U.S. depositories
• Initiate Re-registration process for negotiable certificates which are to be held in our Safekeeping Facility or at the Canadian or U.S. depository
• Process Dataphile entitlement exchanges in relation to subscription receipts, private to public pushouts, and escrow releases
• Assign Non-negotiable certificates to Restricted and forward appropriate documentation to Advisors/clients
• Receive / process certificate/DRS withdrawals and deposits as requested by clients / Customer Support / Advisors
• Prepare physical warrant exercise requests
• Follow up on outstanding items with external parties in a timely manner
• Provide customer support to clients at walk-in window
• Physically move securities between transfer agents, brokers, and safety deposit boxes
• Monitor Securities Department internal mailbox and respond accordingly
• Monitor / reconcile internal securities accounts on weekly/monthly basis
• Participate in annual safety deposit box audits
Your experience and skills:
• Post-secondary education in business or commerce is preferred
• Completion of CSC is an asset
• 2+ years of securities or financial services experience
• Good working knowledge of Securities procedures and certificate negotiability, the Canadian Clearing & Depository (CDS) system, CDS bulletins and the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC) system is an asset
• Strong understanding of the different corporate actions that may affect certificates received from clients is highly desirable
• Ability to learn technology quickly
• Extremely detail oriented and accurate with strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze discrepancies and provide solutions
• Strong team player with the ability to work independently
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet required deadlines and SLA’s
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Fluent communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are an asset
Why Aviso Wealth?
At Aviso Wealth, you will find a dynamic and inclusive culture that rewards innovation and celebrates success.
Here are a few things that set us apart:
• Competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes individual contributions
• Excellent health, dental and insurance benefits to meet the diverse needs of our employees
• Generous vacation time, fitness benefit, parental leave top-up options
• Matching contributions to our retirement program
• Commitment to the continuous improvement of our staff through learning & development and an education assistance program
• Regular social events to foster teamwork
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company, with over $100 billion in assets under administration and management. Aviso Wealth is owned by Credit Union Centrals, The Co-operators / CUMIS and Desjardins. Our MFDA-regulated dealer, full-service IIROC-regulated brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Direct Investing, and our digital advice platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso Wealth also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. We have operations in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal with a regional office in Winnipeg. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca
Securities Administrator Vancouver jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.