Desjardins Montreal Canada
3 months ago
At Desjardins, we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We're committed to welcoming, respecting and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embracing their uniqueness, and providing a positive workplace for all. At Desjardins, we have zero tolerance for discrimination of any kind. We believe our teams should reflect the diversity of the members, clients and communities we serve.
If there's something we can do to help make the recruitment process or the job you're applying for more accessible, let us know. We can provide accommodations at any stage in the recruitment process. Just ask!
Desjardins Group is the largest financial cooperative in Canada and one of the country's leading employers. It offers a full range of financial products and services, and specializes in wealth management, property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, services for businesses of all sizes, securities, asset management... development and venture capital, and secure innovative online and mobile services.
Nearly 50 years strong, Desjardins Capital has a mission to value, support and nurture the best of Quebec entrepreneurship. With assets under management of C$3 billion, Desjardins Capital employs 140 professionals in all regions of Quebec.
As an Investment Manager you will play a key role in the sound management and growth of a diversified clientele of Quebec businesses with financing needs for private equity and venture capital investments. You will make large-scale investments and will be responsible for the profitability of your investment portfolio as well as the solicitation and maintenance of business relationships. With Desjardins Capital, you will be able to capitalize on professional development and career advancement opportunities by taking charge of increasingly complex cases in terms of equity and size of investments that are either international in scope or in specific sectors. In addition, you will be one of a small number of players in the distinctive niche of executing on majority shareholding/buyout transactions of large Quebec based companies.
General Information on the Position
• Maintain lasting, personal business relationships with important clients to promote thorough portfolio management and generate new investment opportunities
• Manage a diversified investment portfolio by serving as the link between clients and the organization
• Recommend strategies and solutions to meet business growth objectives of portfolio companies, including sound risk management, portfolio profitability and improved business relations
• Identify and analyze members/client’s needs; develop custom solutions; prepare integrated service offers that balance member/client satisfaction, profitability and risk; and negotiate terms
• Play an active role in market development activities and maintain a presence in the business community
• Promote partnerships between Desjardins Capital and potential entrepreneurs of small, medium and large businesses, both regional and international in scope, by offering customized financing solutions that are both geared to their needs, throughout the company's life cycle
• Execute in-depth business analysis for companies in collaboration with the internal specialized teams or external experts if needed
• Identify the company's specific financing needs (subordinated debt or equity), recommend an innovative and appropriate financing structure and negotiate the conditions in terms of profitability and risk level
• Act as a strategic partner to maximize investment value, offer recommendations and strategic orientations throughout the company's growth, and maintain constant contact with entrepreneurs to ensure solid and influential business relationships
• Develop and introduce appropriate strategies to achieve the target objectives in terms of portfolio returns, investment volume, business development and risk management with substantial financial flexibility
• Recommend business development opportunities that would add a competitive edge to existing products and services
• Develop new work tools and test new solicitation and promotion approaches for Desjardins Capital
Other Working Conditions
• The work arrangement for the position is hybrid work
• Number of jobs available : 1
• Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline
• A minimum of eight years of relevant experience
• Experience in private equity or venture capital or equivalent
• Experience in subordinated debt and/or equity transactions (a strong asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
• For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
• Complete proficiency in English due to the nature of the duties or work tools or because the position involves interactions with English speaking partners, members and/or clients
Desjardins Cross-sector Skills
Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy, Organizational savvy, Resourcefulness, Trust
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Member/client sales and service (FG)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods
Investment Manager- EN Montreal jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.