CareRx Corporation Victoria Canada
3 months ago
CareRx is Canada’s leading provider of specialty pharmacy services to seniors. We serve more than 96,000 residents in over 1,600 seniors and other communities (long-term care homes, retirement homes, assisted living facilities, and group homes). We are a national organization with a large network of pharmacy fulfillment centres that allows us to deliver medications in a timely and cost-effective manner. We take an active role in working with our home operator partners to promote resident health, staff education, and medication system quality and efficiency.
Whether you do your best work in a dispensary, in a clinical setting, in an office, or on the road, we have a place for you.
The Operational Pharmacist position plays an essential role in the quality and safety of our patients’ medications. They are responsible for the supervision of the Pharmacy Assistants and Technicians to ensure efficient and accurate distribution of our products and services... With professional knowledge, experience and a compassionate nature, the Pharmacist will bring a specialized approach to our team and clients that brings an incomparable value.
Your Day To Day
• Receives verbal Rx orders and accurately reduces same to writing in adherence with local laws and regulations
• Evaluates appropriateness of prescription orders with consideration for patient safety and legal requirements
• Blister pack checking and pouch packaging dispensing system checking
• Completes third party adjudications necessary to complete prescriptions
• Coordinates and supervises the non-sterile compounding and dispensing of drugs according to medication orders issued by authorized medical care providers and is responsible for the timely processing of medication orders and the distribution of medications
• Maintains confidentiality and protects personal and organization information at all times
• Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines; provides Clinical services based on the organizational framework
• Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
• Participation at on-call shift schedule
• Willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
• Setting high standards of performance for self and others
What You Bring To The Team
• Current Licensed Pharmacist in good standing in the Province of British Columbia required
• Injection Certified
• Experience with KROLL Pharmacy software required
• Supervisory experience and experience in diverse institutions desirable
• The ability to communicate effectively to maximize accuracy in the delivery of patient care
• Strong Interpersonal skills required to interact with patients, co-workers and other health professionals
• Ability to complete daily travel
• Current and Valid Driver's License in the Province of BC
• Access to a reliable vehicle
Qualities For Success
• Ability to manage changing priorities
• Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
• Customer service oriented
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
CareRx welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must successfully pass satisfactory background screening (depending on the role - Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit Check, Driver’s Abstract, Education Verification, Current Professional Registration) and referencing. Background screening will be completed after an offer of employment has been extended and accepted
Pharmacist (Part Time) Victoria jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.