KCB Bank Kampala Uganda
3 months ago
To Monitor and control portfolio asset quality in the bank and to offer support in order to sustain a good book in liaison with the head office and the respective branch teams while ascertaining that the Bank’s interests are fully secured through compliance to the credit policy and Bank of Uganda guidelines.
Key Responsibilities: Must Not Be More Than 10
• Monitor and control PAR (Pre 90 days delinquency) the banks credit portfolio to ensure that the asset book quality is maintained and improved (PAR & Migration) to within acceptable levels.
• Develop, recommend, and implement strategies to ensure that accounts under watch category are upgraded to normal in line with the Bank of Uganda regulations and the credit policy.
• Reviewing and preparing reports on degenerating accounts for early alert warning purposes.
• In collaboration with the workplace banking team, to monitor Scheme borrowers for identification of missing monthly installments and compile reports per individual, branch... and district to facilitate follow ups with the districts/employers.
• Monitoring of covenants (bank agreement with customers vide offer letters) to ensure that they are being adhered to and no defaults or violations are registered.
• Check on expiring financial statements, valuations, and insurance policies monthly and sensitize branches and relationship managers to submit renewals at least 2 months before expiry
• Carry out independent check to ensure the information captured in the system on loans disbursed is accurate and is as stipulated in the terms and conditions
• Generate early alert/watch accounts, arrange the meeting, and track closure of the agreed actions with the respective branches/relationship managers.
• Provide timely support and guidance to the credit department to close all compliance lapses as identified and reported by the regulator, auditors (internal and external) as well as lapses identified during the routine compliance assessment
• Provide leadership in branch portfolio supervision, filed visits and snap checks to ensure compliance with the credit policies and procedure.
Daily Responsibilities: Not More Than 6 Of The Most Typical
• Day to day running of the portfolio monitoring reports
• Random call over of the past day disbursements to check if the loans were disbursed in accordance with the terms and conditions
• Review workplace banking loans per vote code and follow up with branches with missing installments
• Review the status of expected payments on loans and advise branches that have accounts that require funding to address immediately
• Review accounts for early warning signs
Skills And Experience
• A minimum of 3 years relevant experience with at least 1 year in credit risk management domain
• Good understanding of credit risk management principles
• Numerical skills
• Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in professional manner
• Takes clear accountability, and focuses on delivery of set departmental goals
• Team player
• Excellent customer experience
• Impeccable integrity
• Analytical skills
• Report writing skills
Education And Training
• A business degree in Risk, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistic, Management or relevant filed.
• Relevant practical training in Credit risk in the financial service sector
• Practical and sufficient knowledge of basic core banking system.
Challenges: Give One Example Of The Challenges Encountered In This Job
• Credit information sharing being quite a new field in the banking sector is not fully refined; this therefore calls for continuous adjustments and changes in many areas such as systems development in the pursuit of improving the mechanism in order that full benefits are earned. This affects wider areas in the bank such as policies, technology, legal and people.
• Many of the monitoring trackers i.e. insurance, valuation reports, deferrals are still manual and that exposes the bank to potential risks.
• Knowledge gaps on systems
Manager Credit Monitoring & Control at KCB Bank Kampala jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.