Philips Böblingen Germany
3 months ago
Component Engineer (m/f/d) Electronic Components
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So, whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
With our Product Industrialization Team we are the interface between the cross-functional internal teams and the external suppliers for all technical topics. Through structured and cooperative collaboration with both internal and external partners, we contribute significantly to the success of our organization.
As a component engineer you handle component changes due to obsolescence or supply shortages. Assist with location of component sources vendors and manufacturers, locate alternate sources, find components substitutions along with qualification strategy.
You are responsible for
• Technical support of... electronic off-the-shelf components (resistors, capacitors, switches, ICs,...)
• Initial qualification of components and part setup
• Manage component obsolescence and environmental compliance
• Second source qualification
• Technical support for life time buy and bridge buys
• Support for qualification of new suppliers
• Work with test labs, design engineering, and suppliers to identify potential issues and final approval
You are a part of
a team consisting of 17 engineers who work very closely with neighboring departments such as Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Quality Engineering, Procurement Engineering, Operational Purchasing and R&D.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
• Bachelor/Master with focus on electrical engineering or comparable technical education
• In-depth knowledge of electronic components and their manufacturers
• Experience with the manufacture of assembled printed circuit boards.
• Experience in working with external suppliers
• Working in a controlled environment (medical, automotive, aerospace)
• Cross functional, international collaboration, conflict management
• Fluent in English, good German skills preferred
In return, we offer you
• Purpose: Doing meaningful work with a great team
• Hybrid work concept: Up to two days a week "working from home"
• Philips Pension Fund: Employer-funded pension plan
• Mobility and devices: leasing bicycles, cars, and also smartphones for private use
• Culture: Informal culture, a paid day for voluntary work, various team/cultural activities (on sustainability, diversity, ...), etc.
• Philips University: Wide range of professional training courses and for personal development
• Philips MyShop: Discount on Philips products
• Philips in Balance: Various offers for physical and mental health and sports courses
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to skin color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability.
Component Engineer (m/f/d) Electronic Components Böblingen jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.