National Emergency Management Agency
National Emergency Management Agency Wellington New Zealand
3 months ago
Wellington-based, Permanent opportunity
Ko wai mātou | About us
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) provides national leadership to New Zealand's distributed emergency management system. NEMA's primary focus is on the performance and capability of the emergency management system as a whole, across all hazards and all risks and the 4 Rs of risk reduction, readiness, response and recovery.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Executive Assistant position sits within the Executive Office, as it is a critical function in ensuring the DCE's day is co-ordinated and managed effectively. Providing a comprehensive executive support service with the return of an exciting high energy role that provides both interest and variety at the highest level.
There is no typical day in an organisation that is focused on Emergency Management which is exciting. However, there are aspects of the role that require thorough, dependable, and a focused approach. These include
• Personal... and confidential secretarial support provided to the Deputy Chief Executive, to assist them to carry out their role efficiently.
• Deadlines and timeframes are met.
• Meetings, events and tasks are supported including being proactive in highlighting issues and opportunities.
• Minutes are accurate and delivered on time.
• Correspondence dealt with expeditiously and appropriately, follow up action is taken and proper filing or distribution of letters and documents occurs.
• Documents are drafted as agreed and produced including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and project plans.
• Inbound and outbound telephone calls are handled efficiently, courteously and discreetly.
• Financial processes completed such as reimbursement claims; with invoices coded.
Working for NEMA comes with some additional rewarding activities aligned to your skill set. In the event of a national emergency response, such as the current response to Cyclone Gabrielle there will be a requirement to provide rostered support. An emergency response of national significance allows you and your colleagues to experience working as a cohesive team, at pace, often in an environment of ambiguity, in the heart of the National Crisis Management Centre.
Ko wai koe | About you
This role would suit you if you can show capability and experience as an EA/PA at a Senior level. Public sector is preferred but not essential. Although a understanding of the machinery of government would be beneficial.
Additionally, we would like to see your demonstrated experience in the following
• A team player with experience working closely with senior leadership teams and other business units.
• A high level of computer literacy in Microsoft packages, including Visio, with the ability to adapt to new technologies.
• Excellent secretarial and process management skills with experience in taking minutes or willingness to learn.
• Successfully working with multiple internal and external stakeholders and negotiating and managing their variable needs to support the Manager's deliverables.
Ta matou e tuku | What we offer
NEMA values diversity and inclusion. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity of our communities. We value and respect the contributions of our people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives.
All NEMA roles are flexible by default and a positive work life balance is encouraged.
Whakaritenga Haumaru | Security Requirements
Due to the security requirements of this role, applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident.
Me pehea te tono | How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply online.
Applications close at 5pm, Sunday 5th March 2023
Wellington New Zealand
Jobs in Wellington New Zealand
Executive Assistant to the Deputy Chief Executive, Emergency... Wellington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.