Synopsys Aachen Germany
3 months ago
We're looking for a talented Facilities Manager to principally cover Germany as part of the European FM team. You will report to the FM Operations and Projects Lead and work with other members of the team to ensure all of the sites within the regional portfolio operate efficiently and cost effectively, encompassing both internal customer and corporate needs and requirements. This position requires excellent vendor management of service streams together with project management skills.
You will be self-motivated, responsible for the sites within your portfolio and take initiative to ensure a proactive approach to opportunities and challenges. Work is collaborative in nature, working with other members of the team, assisting them where needed, learning from them and sharing knowledge, skills and experience. We are located in 18 countries in Europe and have more than 45 offices, so there are always interesting projects to work on.
•... Perform regular ongoing facilities maintenance inspections of common areas sites by conducting assessments of sites to ensure compliance with local building codes and preservation of an aesthetic facility environment.
• Support fit-out projects across the region and perform other duties as assigned.
• Develop a close working relationship with other infrastructure teams such as HR, IT, Finance, and Legal to align on Facility related topics. Facility Support
Responsibilities include managing vendors providing services such as MEP, general building maintenance and supporting critical Data Centre, labs and related critical systems, and ensuring quality and service levels are met. Extensive interface with IT, Finance and HR to ensure vendors and systems are meeting needs of employees and company.
Real Estate Projects
Help to develop project strategies, cost and delivery plans and reporting of progress. Demonstrate an understanding of construction and project management. Coordinate with architecture and engineering firms in developing designs and manage projects and vendors through the implementation delivery and completion phases to handover. Help to promote the model work environment, ensuring corporate strategies and efficiencies are incorporated in office space design and aligning to business needs.
Support facilities projects from inception to completion, collaborating with the cross functional project team. Work closely with Site leadership and HR team to assure effective communication of plans, transparency of the project and support from the local management. Sound communication & negotiation skills are essential.
Key qualifications & Experience
• Previous Facilities Management experience is required, understanding FM service models and a desire to improve the work environment
• Project management experience in a corporate environment is required.
• Excellent German and English language (spoken and written) skills are required. Knowledge of any further European languages would be beneficial.
• Ability to evaluate vendor performance and identify better working practices
• Previous Health & Safety training and experience would be beneficial. Knowledge and understanding of safe working practices, to prevent accidents and damage to property
• Experience of working across international borders with different languages and cultures would be beneficial
• Attention to detail and ability to drive and be a contributing member of a team with a vision for excellence.
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and create and meet schedules, with a drive for execution.
• Ability to interact within many levels of the organization, showing respect and diplomacy with a calm demeanour and constructive communication.
• Good understanding of Microsoft office software and familiarity with Microsoft Project is an advantage.
• Travel - flexibility to perform frequent travel within the region, about 20-40% is expected At Synopsys, we're at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we're powering it all with the world's most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Stay Connected: Join our Talent Community
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability
Workplace Manager, DACH Region Aachen jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.