SNV Bujumbura Burundi
4 weeks ago
SNV is a mission-driven global development partner working in more than 20 countries across Africa and Asia. Building on 60 years of experience and grounded in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we work on the core themes of gender equality and social inclusion, climate adaptation and mitigation, and strong institutions and effective governance. Together with our team of over 1,600 people, our mission is to strengthen capacities and catalyse partnerships that transform the agri-food, energy, and water systems, which enable sustainable and more equitable lives for all.
In its new Strategic Plan 2030 SNV outlines the ways in which it intends to maximise its contribution to accelerating and scaling SDG-aligned impact over the coming years. With this new strategy, SNV ensures it can respond effectively to the rapidly changing global contexts. Together with its partners, SNV is committed to seizing the opportunities that exist to build a better world, inspiring action locally... nationally, and globally, elevating the voices of the people and communities. SNV wants to see a world where across every society, all people live with dignity and have equitable opportunities to thrive sustainably. And so SNV’s mission is to strengthen capacities and catalyse partnerships that transform the agri-food, energy, and water systems, which enable sustainable and more equitable lives for all.
The Projet d’Appui au Développement Agricole pour la Nutrition et l’Entrepreneuriat (PADANE) is a livelihood improvement and agricultural development project implemented by SNV Burundi and partners. The project is funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (EKN) in Bujumbura. PADANE was formally approved in November 2018 and it will close in March 2025. The project aims to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers as well as market actors through increased revenues, enhanced quality of food, improved nutrition and increased resilience to climate change. PADANE is organised around four work streams: (1) inclusive value chains and inclusive finance, (2) youth and women employment, (3) food and nutrition security, (4) learning, dialogue and advocacy, while Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) is a crosscutting theme.
Under the overall guidance of the Project Manager the “Access to Finance Advisor” is responsible for the developing and implementing the inclusive finance component of the PADANE project.
• Support the strategic directions for the Access to Finance (A2F) component of the project.
• Support the implementation of the project’s A2F activities.
• Develop and maintain working relations with providers of financial services (e.g. Banks, MFIs, SACCOs), and their organisations and actors within the development finance sector. Represent SNV at selected events.
• Maintain relationships with relevant Global Technical Advisors.
• Ensure the A2F activities contribute to the overall objectives of the project and are aligned with the other components of the project (youth employment, nutrition, Inclusive value chain development gender and social inclusion).
• Support opportunities for improving access to finance for the actors operating in the different value chains supported by the project.
• Strengthen the linkages between the providers of financial services and value chain actors seeking financial services.
• Prepare the workplans and budget for the project’s A2F component and monitor and report on its performance.
• Providing overall support to the Innovation Fund component of PADANE, in particular:
o Analysing the technical and financial viability of business plans proposals
o Supporting and guiding partners in coaching and assessing business plans by SMEs
o Developing tools to support financial management by SME’s
o Ensuring that financial solutions promoted by the project are inclusive of women and youth in particular.
• Support activities to improve the A2F and investment climate in Burundi.
• Document and share experiences and lessons internally and externally.
• A relevant qualification in Finance, Agri economics, Development Economics, or related field.
• Affinity with all aspects in innovative/impact finance, SME Finance and Microfinance, preferably in rural Africa.
• Knowledge of savings and credit collaboratives, rotating savings groups, village and loan associations, financial diaries.
• Strong communication skills including reporting and presentation skills.
• Fluency in both written and spoken French and English.
• Entrepreneurial, result-oriented and driver for change.
• Ability to effectively communicate with farmers and entrepreneurs along the agricultural value chain
• Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with governments and the private sector including influencing skills and experience of working effectively in a matrix organisation.
• Able to support and energise multi-partner project teams.
• Experience in knowledge management and documentation.
• Team player and confident to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural setting
2 year full-time international employment contract, with possibility of extension.
Expected Start Date:
as soon as possible
Bujumbura, Burundi, with frequent travel to project areas.
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the above profile, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV with a motivation letter in English or French before 3rd of March.
We will require that you provide us with full details of two people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with the Selection Committee will take place.
Working at SNV
SNV offers a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Access to Finance Advisor Bujumbura jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.