Thomson Reuters United Kingdom United Kingdom
3 months ago
Join a team which has unique expertise combining the power of journalism and the law to advance media freedom, foster more inclusive economies, and promote human rights.
Thomson Reuters Foundation is currently recruiting for a Lead Web Developer to join our team in London. Reporting to the Head of Technology in Product & Technology Department, this role will be the lead of all development projects.
The role will be responsible for delivery of product and technology development roadmap items working across all TRF and external stakeholders. The role will also operationally manage internal/external technology partners, contractors and vendors across transformational projects.
The Lead Web Developer role requires in-depth understanding and proven track records of how to deliver in a Matrix environment.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about software engineering best practices, including agile methodology and has people management experience.
About The Role
As a... Lead Web Developer at the Thomson Reuters Foundation, you will:
• Be managing an in-house front-end developer, maintaining existing sites and services, working in HTML/CSS/Velocity.
• Manage development all transformational projects from TRF product and technology roadmap on time and in budget, particularly new web-based projects
• Be migrating existing sites and services (as well as potential new ones) to a more robust React-based implementation.
• Be Working with our existing CMS, auditing Content Types, Templates etc. to begin designing a more headless CMS model of usage.
• Do greenfield work in designing and developing new, React-based web platforms using dotCMS in a headless paradigm.
• Be working on other integrations and modifications to existing products, including interfacing with other organizations and technologies
• Role will liaise with the Head of Product Design / Product Designers to convert high fidelity Figma design blueprints into ‘pixel perfect’, fully responsive, WGAG AA compliant code (HTML,CSS,JS)
To be our Lead Web Developer , you will likely have:
• Degree and/or Master in Computer Science or equivalent level of technical knowledge gained through an alternative qualification or experience. (software development/engineering, web development etc.)
• Ability to pick up new skills/frameworks quickly.
• Experience with version control software, preferably Git.
• Familiarity with implementing front-end frameworks with HTML/CSS.
• Have experience with dotCMS (version 3 LTS onwards) or other CMS software (i.e. WordPress).
• Experience in building complex, high quality user interfaces.
• Experience in working with reusable components and Design Systems and able to structure and build reusable UI libraries, templates and components for maximum speed and scalability.
• Be able to demonstrable previous work on customer-facing websites with a focus on user-experience.
• Be comfortable working in a small team or alone, sharing responsibilities and communicating with non-technical users.
• Good deadline management and reporting on risks log and ways to minimize them
• Experience with digital projects dealing with any other CMS, Mobile Apps
• Management experience in digital media including experience in a digital marketing campaign role, digital branding, technical role as digital business analyst and in applications development/operations teams
• Comprehensive knowledge of website/mobile app building and delivery processes and systems, content delivery processes and content management systems
• Experience in building relationships on business, corporate and cross divisional basis - experience of "outsourcing" environment e.g. working with third party tech vendors
• Excellent communication and presentation skills for business requirements gathering
• Passion for online and media-rich, audio-visual products, KPI/ reporting frameworks, accessibility
• Knowledge on Amazon Web Services (preferred)
• Have experience of people-management with a junior front-end developer reporting to the role
• Be comfortable with problem solving outside of programming – for example, diagnosing DNS/caching/CDN issues (although only at a basic/intermediate level, expertise is not expected).
• Drive key development documentation
• Enforce Information and Application cybersecurity protocols
• Enforce P&T processes and procedures
• Drive improvements in TRF development practice of continuous delivery
• Have an advisory role to the Director of Product and Technology on existing/new code languages and its best-of-breed practices.
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
• Hybrid Work Model: Currently the majority of our employees are working within a hybrid environment consisting of in-office and remote work, and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines.
• Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
• Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
• Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
• Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
• Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Lead Web Developer United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.