Boeing Gothenburg Sweden
3 months ago
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are looking for a User Experience Design Intern (m/f/d) to support project teams in our central Gothenburg office dedicated to Flight Operations and Crew Management. The UX Design Intern will be designing software for commercial aircraft customers providing them competitive advantage by solving real operational problems, enabling better decisions and maximizing efficiency through world class optimization algorithms. The Gothenburg organization is highly competent. We expect you to be a passionate representative of the user in the many design challenges.
You will be part of... the larger Boeing Global Services (BGS) Customer Experience (CX) organization of over 100 researchers, product designers, and data analysts.
You will report to a UX manager with over 20 years of experience in the design industry who cares deeply about mentorship and career development. Your primary tasks will surround web and mobile products designed for large numbers of airline employee users. This is an onsite position, although limited remote work is common.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
Joining the small local Design Team, the UX Design Intern will research and design workflows and user interfaces. In close collaboration with various project teams, you will identify user and customer needs and turn them into products and experiences that empower our customers businesses. Design work is primarily done in Sketch and InVision (Figma coming soon).
• Empathize: An UX Design Intern will be included in research activities mostly as an observer, allowing them to learn about the domain and users firsthand, as well as the practices and methods in use.
• Define: An UX Design Intern may assist in the creation of documentation, such as journey maps, under the direction of research specialists.
• Ideate: An UX Design Intern will contribute to the development of solutions through brainstorming, sketching, and creation of mockups.
• Prototype: An UX Design Intern may be directed to create prototypes based on the designs of others on the team.
• Test: An UX Design Intern will observe testing activities to learn how they are conducted and how the team’s designs fare in use.
• Implement: UX Design Interns may be included in meetings with the development team to learn through experience.
• Measure: UX Design Interns will review results of surveys and analytics with their team to understand the impact of the products they are working on.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Enrolled in a UX program at a university (Högskola or Universitet)
• Ability to learn and understand complex technical solutions.
• Fluency in English, verbal and written.
• Strong communication skills.
• A curious mind.
• Team player with high integrity.
• Self-starter and independent worker.
• Strong advocate for the UX process.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• Understanding of aviation industry and systems.
• Some experience in working in a corporate environment.
You can look forward to an attractive and inclusive environment in an innovative global company with flat hierarchies and a good team spirit!
Please apply and include the following documentation in English
• A cover letter reviewing your experiences and your interest.
• Your CV.
• A strong design portfolio (online or pdf (max. 2MB)) full of examples and reflecting your design process.
• Copies of your degrees (university, apprenticeship, high school).
• Copies of references from your former employers (if available).
Attach all these documents in the one and same step of the application flow.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in Sweden. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN SWEDEN. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process
User Experience Design Intern (m/f/d) Gothenburg jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.