SHEQ Solve South Africa (+4 others) South Africa
3 months ago
SHEQ Solve is looking for a motivated Health and Safety candidate.
Candidates should be a motivated Health and Safety profesional and enjoy working outdoors. They will work with management teams from multiple organizations to systematically implement a Health and Safety Management System. Responsibilities include providing regular feedback to clients, supporting the delivery of SHEQ objectives throughout all stages of the project, providing advice to support overall compliance to OHS legal requirements (OHS Act & Regulations, COIDA, SANS, SABS etc.), mitigating the client’s exposure to operational losses, fines, penalties or reputational damage, implementing and maintaining a detailed project plan for each client, conducting safety audits aligned with the industry standard(s) and preparing and delivering safety files that are specific to the project. The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be able to build client relationships... and be comfortable working in different environments.
Please ensure that you meet all requirements and understand all requirements before applying for this position.
NB: Having the means to travel to and from work location is essential for this position.
Instructions is provided below on how to apply for the possition
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide advice to support overall compliance with OHS legal requirements (OHS Act & Regulations, COIDA, SANS, SABS, etc.) and mitigate the client’s exposure to operational losses, fines, penalties, or reputational damage.
• you must be willing to travel to conduct sites visits to confirm safety, complaince and implementation of administrative compliance
• drafting and implementing OHS Policies,
• drafting and implementing risk assessments and safe work procedures,
• conducting Incident Investigations and reporting back to management of the organization,
• train,provide mentoring and advise to upskill the client’s and thier employees
• to perform inspections, audits monthly
• ensure that safety close outs inspections and audits are done on projects,
• compile safety files
• drafting and implementing emergency preparedness and response procedures,
• establishing and facilitating safety committees,
• work with Management, Supervision, and employees to improve safe work practices and safe work culture
• drafting and conducting OHS inductions as per client’s requirements,
• confirming compliance and identify hazards and mitigate the risk,
• implement accident prevention activities
• admininistration practices and policies,
• identifying and reporting awareness and improvement items and conducting necessary training, and advising sites on methods and techniques to reduce the safety, and administrative risks.
• you must be able to provide reports on time
• You'll need a customer-first mindset and the following skills to succeed in this role, as well as being well-presented and professional at all times.
• you will be required to use company software and ensure sucessfull implementation and commitment from clients
• will be required to attand meetings, training, and specialized sessions.
• you be able to be flexible with your work hours and work overtime from time to time
• Willing to respond to emmergencies after hours or weekends
• Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment
• Walking, stepping, climbing, standing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, or otherwise moving from one location on the job site to another involves physically getting around workplaces, and high-risk activities will be required from time to time.
• Adapting to extreme temperature changes and outdoor conditions.
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Grade 12
• National Diploma/Degree or equivalent or willing to study
• Appropriate H&S Programmes; SAMTRAC or NEBOSCH IGC
• Demonstrated ability in MS Office 365 (Outlook;Word;Excel;powerpoint;other)
• Technology-enabled and advanced safety systems.
• Valid driver’s license and own vehicle is essential
• 1 year experience in Health & Safety
You'll need a customer-first mindset and the following skills to succeed in this role, as well as being well-presented and professional at all times.
The following advantages will be considered for a candidate and may be considered and can result in additional remuneration.
• Consulting experience will be an advantage
• Project and Construction Management Professionals (SACPCMP) will be an advantage
• South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (Saiosh) will be advantageous
• Mining experience will be an advantage
• Must be able to speak, read and write English
Package & Remuneration
Salary: R10 000 - R12 500 cost to company per month
• call and sms plan
• career growth
• commission structure
• educational and professional development opportunities
• may also be eligible for bonuses or other incentives
Please send your Cv to [email protected] and use your full names_Safety Officer_Oppertunity in the subject of the email.
The following will be to your advantage
• Summery Cover padge
• Linkedin profile
• Years of expereince
• Remuneration required
• Vehicle availability
NB: Having the means to travel to and from work location is essential for this position
South Africa (+4 others)
Jobs in South Africa (+4 others) South Africa
Safety Officer - Full Time South Africa (+4 others) jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.