Talentsphere South Africa South Africa
3 months ago
A well-known and established chemical coatings manufacturing company requires the above to ensure adherence to all legislative safety, health and environment requirements and acts within the company.
Minimum requirements for the role:
• A diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or related qualification is essential for this role.
• Must have a SAMTRAC or NEBOSH qualification.
• Previous experience with Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) is essential.
• Previous experience having worked as a SHE Officer or related role within a manufacturing / production environment is essential for this role.
• Experience in root cause analysis techniques or incident cause analysis methods is essential.
• Experience in fire management systems is preferred.
• Previous experience as an internal auditor is essential.
• Experience in ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will... be responsible for:
• Implementing, documenting, maintaining, monitoring and measuring of the health, safety and environmental management system.
• Reviewing and updating the safety, health and environmental plan, policies, procedures and company manuals and providing training on same as and when required.
• Performing Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) analysis and implementing, monitoring and updating the corrective and preventive actions thereof.
• Conducting incident and accident investigations.
• Coordinating, chairing and minuting the various health and safety and emergency team related meetings on a regular basis.
• Documenting and maintaining a training and skills matrix for all health and safety related training.
• Ensuring all health and safety applicable legal appointments are documented, issued, signed and maintained on record, with periodic updates as and where necessary.
• Ensuring all contractors are screened and inducted for compliance to minimum health and safety requirements and comply with the company’s health and safety specifications.
• Ensuring compliance with all aspects of the occupational health and safety act as and where it applies to the business operations.
• Ensuring compliance with COIDA (Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act) and Rand Mutual Assurance (RMA) insurance processes.
• Performing inspections on the production / operations floor and review and verification of equipment and tool checklists, inspections and associated records.
Salary package, including benefits, is highly negotiable depending on experience gained.
• Engineering Manufacturing
• Health And Environmental Officer
• SHE Officer
Jobs in South Africa South Africa
Safety, Health And Environmental Officer - Engineering Manufacturing South Africa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.