Exelon Riverdale IL United States
3 months ago
Be a part of something powerful at Americas leading energy provider!
At Exelon, our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether its powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are a Fortune 200 company united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future... We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. Thats why were looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nations largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities -- Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are empowered to evolve and advance their careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come, stay and grow -- whether thats in the role and path they start in or in new and exciting career opportunities across our business. We know that investing in our employees futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives, opportunities for career path changes, and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The executive communications manager is a newly created position that leads the creation of strategic executive communications that effectively position senior executives as business, community and industry thought leaders and deliver the companys strategic messaging to stakeholder, customer and employee audiences. The manager reports to the vice president of communications and works directly with senior leaders, including the CEO, to develop high-impact communications including, but not limited to, speeches, scripts, presentations, talking points, Q&A and social media copy.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Research, write and edit executive speeches, scripts, talking points, Q&A, social media posts and other content for external and internal speaking engagements and executive channels. Examples include but are not limited to keynotes, panel discussions, industry conferences, policymaker forums, townhalls, and business, civic and community events. Capture and shape CEO and other executive speakers tone of voice in written and spoken communications
Work with executives and their staff, subject matter experts, communications colleagues and outside parties as needed to align on messaging and develop clear, timely high-impact executive communications on regular weekly deadlines
Work with designers and other creative resources to oversee development of high-impact visuals to accompany executive communications, including but not limited to presentation slides, infographics, animations, and photography
Create and maintain a library of speeches and presentations on topics of strategic importance to ComEd. Keep content up to date for use by other executive and non-executive ComEd presenters to ensure consistency of message and brand
Requires significant collaboration with the CEO and other senior executives, communications team members, subject matter experts, and vendors to ensure development of high-quality, on-message strategic communications. Also requires the ability to operate independently with little supervision. Involves strategic planning and execution and high level of coordination with other communication and marketing functions within ComEd. Supports communications objectives across ComEd and the corporate organization. Requires frequent local travel and occasional out of state travel for speaking events.
• 4-year degree in communications, journalism/public relations, public policy, business, or related field.
• 8 years experience in speechwriting, corporate communications, public affairs and/or he utilities industry.
• Strong writing and content development experience, including creating content for digital channels.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and influencing abilities.
• Strong, proven communication, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational / project management skills.
• Proven ability to:
• Meet frequent hard deadlines.
• Create a high-volume of high-quality content.
• Work directly with senior business leaders, including the C-suite, to provide counsel and support.
• Digest complex issues and information and turn them into clear, audience-centric messaging.
• Shape and capture the tone of voice of public speakers in written and spoken communications.
• Understand and support strategic communications objectives through speeches, presentations, and events.
• Masters degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Public Policy or related field.
• Energy business/industry knowledge or experience in other regulated industries.
• Proven organizational agility in a matrix organization.
• Strong writing ability.
• Familiarity with social media
Riverdale IL USA
Jobs in Riverdale IL United States
Executive Communications Manager Riverdale jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.