Golin Dallas TX United States
3 months ago
Manager - Media Relations
at Golin Dallas, Texas, United States Golin Dallas is hiring a tech-savvy Media Relations Manager to drive media strategy and execution that keeps our clients relevant with top media. You?ll build strong media relationships with reporters and editors at a variety of top tier and B2B technology media outlets and will always be on the lookout for opportunities that lead to... coverage. You?ll transform new product announcements and industry trends into compelling stories and craft interesting content that goes beyond a basic press release. You?ll engage with media across a variety of channels, including social media, email and, yes, even a phone call or two.
We are looking for someone with the ability to think as a storyteller across platforms in real time.
• Support day-to-day media relations responsibilities for a prominent international technology brand. This includes developing earned media strategies for campaigns, thought leadership programs and real-time news events that lead to ongoing, positive brand mentions.
• Establish and maintain relationships with media, industry analysts and online influencers, and guide the client?s messaging to resonate with these different audiences. Effectively engage with these contacts across multiple channels, including email, social media and phone.
• Engage with clients and agency partners on a regular basis to create innovative PR programs that help shine a positive light on the client and brand, in addition to reaching new audiences who are receptive to the client?s products.
• Stay ahead of media by identifying emerging technology trends that can create story opportunities relevant to the client?s brand.
• Collaborate with internal and external teams across multiple disciplines to successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges.
• Have a curiosity for analytics. Have the ability to turn a few pieces of data into actionable insights to influence our client?s messaging and media outreach strategy.
In this role, you will have direct access to seasoned, award-winning professionals who - will not only help improve your work - but establish a path for you to grow within Golin long term. This role provides the exciting opportunity to develop strong media relationships, and also create and build a new function within an established successful agency. One thing you?ll learn about Golin is people stay for both the people and the agency?s willingness to be flexible with career pivots and explorations.
• 3-5 years of professional experience in media relations with an understanding of B2B or technology media relations. Issues and crisis communications experience is a plus.
• Strong writing, editing and outreach skills are necessary. Open to making an initial ?cold call? to establish new media relationships.
• Understanding of earned media strategy and experience creating media plans and compiling media lists.
• Proven experience working with media and influencers and a strong portfolio of story placements; a passion for building relationships with anyone from an engineering website editor to the most influential names at well-known consumer tech outlets.
• Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills are a must, along with the ability meet deadlines, juggle multiple tasks, and a handle fast-paced environment.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and superior client service skills.
• Be proactive and highly motivated; demonstrate the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, but as part of a team.
• Comfortable working remotely and with team members located in other cities and time zones.
• Be detail oriented with an ability to focus on the larger picture.
• Ability to work on multiple programs at once under tight deadlines.
• Provide sound counsel and be comfortable providing editorial and response recommendations to clients.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and client teams at all levels.
• Well-versed in AP style.
Golin is a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin, and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse, and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge digital content to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
We tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We?re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, the ability to work remotely, and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Salary Range: $55,000 - $95,000
Golin has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate?s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
Any request to schedule an interview and any legitimate offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Golin. We will never require an applicant to provide sensitive personally identifiable information in order to conduct an interview.
Golin is an Equal Opportunity Employer ? M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
• We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at [email protected]. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.*
For government reporting purposes, we ask candidates to respond to the below self-identification survey. Completion of the form is entirely voluntary . Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
As set forth in Golin?s Equal Employment Opportunity policy, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected group status under any applicable law.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a serv
Dallas TX USA
Jobs in Dallas TX United States
Manager - Media Relations Account Manager Dallas jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.