Toronto Hydro Toronto Canada
3 months ago
The Manager, Time Systems and Analytics is responsible for oversight and governance of time management processes and systems of the organization. S/he will manage effective client relationships within the organization by providing timekeeping data and analytics for operational use, audit purposes, as well as inputs and support to Human Resources and Safety management systems and processes. The Manager will support the timekeeping system work processes, as well as lead technology system enhancements relative to time systems. S/he will lead all projects related to the time governance function. The Manager will interpret, apply and maintain knowledge of all regulations, laws and other requirements guiding Time governance and execution including all Collective Agreements, Employment Standards Acts (ESAs), Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regulations etc. as it relates to time management processes and timekeeping transactions.
The incumbent is expected to behave ethically... and follow the established code of business conduct, policies and internal control procedures, laws and regulations governing Toronto Hydro.
Toronto Hydro has implemented a mandatory vaccination requirement for all its employees. Proof of full vaccination will be required upon receiving a conditional offer of employment. Toronto Hydro will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to disability or any other ground protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
• Operates as the subject matter expert (SME) and escalation point to resolve time keeping related issues, and continuously looks for and implements improvements in operational processes and designs.
• Optimizes the contribution of the team through coaching and feedback and implements workable solutions to business and operational issues.
• Conducts work planning, estimation and prioritization to optimize the performance of the team and defines standards and reusable approaches for timekeeping operations.
• Supervises the team accountable for provision of centralized time governance services.
• Manages the systems and processes to ensure time data is captured with accuracy and quality for input to compensation and payroll information.
• Reviews, interprets, develops and provides recommendations and reports and executes initiatives related to Collective Agreements, Legislative requirements, and Human Resource agreements, policies/programs.
• Provides recommendation / resolution on time management entry and governance.
• Implements quality control measures to ensure employee records associated with Time are up-to-date and accurate.
• Supports team in responding to related queries and requests from leadership and employees, and handles any escalations.
• Defines standards and develops best practices to improve efficiency of processes, to ensure time management technology systems function in accordance with new or enhanced operation procedures and policies.
• Partners with the HR Systems team on upgrades, fixes, troubleshooting, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for time management technology systems.
• Develops and implements training and engagement activities to support time management systems or process changes or enhancements.
• Participates in organizational projects related to time management and technology systems.
• Acts as a subject matter expert for time management processes and systems.
• Provides business units with analytics and reports to support operational key performance measures.
• Oversees the creation and structure real time analytics, reports and trend analysis and identifies connections with related data from other human resources and payroll functions.
• Makes recommendations based on trends from time management data and analytics to support senior leadership in decision-making.
• Designs and creates dashboards for business consumption, eg. attendance management, OT/standby utilization, labour utilization, paid time off analysis, optimizing Altyrex and Tableau for self-service reporting.
• University Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
• Three (3) to five (5) years of supervisory experience
• Seven (7) to ten (10) years of relevant human resources, timekeeping and/or payroll experience
• Knowledge of regulations, laws and other requirements guiding the time governance and execution including all Collective Agreements, Employment Standards Acts (ESAs), Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regulations etc.
• Experience in project management, operational functions and process improvements
• Ability to handle complex situations, and resolve difficult or non-routine issues
• Advanced knowledge of time management systems
• Demonstrated experience in performance measurement and quality monitoring
• Demonstrated versatile leadership; skilled in team and talent development
• Champions new ideas and initiatives
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to negotiate for win-win and interest-based solutions
• Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement - improving work execution and customer service processes
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet intended targets and deadlines, while focusing on quality
• Ability to be flexible and versatile; ability to transition smoothly between tasks
• Demonstrated professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive information
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and accept responsibility for assignments/tasks, as well as actions
• Ability to maintain a cooperative working environment
• Use of dashboard reporting systems
• Experience interpreting and applying collective agreements
• Familiarity with MS Office applications (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Toronto Hydro has introduced a Hybrid Work Arrangement. This position allows for remote work up to three days per week, based on business needs. Employees will be required to come onsite on those days when they are involved in activities that they or their leader feel are better conducted in person. You are expected to live in Ontario and within reasonable commuting distance of the office
Manager, Time Systems & Analytics Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.