Ainsworth Inc Toronto Canada
3 months ago
If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
We are currently seeking a highly energetic and organizedÂ individual to work in our System Application-Design Department as a System Designer with emphasis on BAS system design.
• Involved with project turnover meetings with the Project Manager and sales, to gather all information needed to conduct Engineering.
• Designs and develops panel layouts, network layouts, wiring diagrams per customer and/or company standards.
• Selects materials including DDC modules, field sensing and control devices, dampers and valves to meet the Project requirements, specifications, codes and customer standards.
• Submits material order forms for all Project required materials along with detailed, â€œWhen neededâ€ dates to ensure all... project deadlines are met.
• Develops the Project â€œcommissioning checklistâ€ for Project startup, checkout and commissioning.
• The major key success factor for this role is the completion of each assignment with a goal of high PM/Customer satisfaction, scope & specification compliance and achieving the budgetary guidelines
• Utilizes Ainsworth or customer standard programs for designing assigned Projects. The goal is to utilize standard Ainsworth / HTML5 graphics / programs whenever possible (built library) and modify, enhance as needed.
• Functional tests all programming to ensure compliance with specified sequences of operation and that system performance aligns with industry standards and project specs.
• Maintains personal accessibility. Communicate to all field technicians, office sales and all Ainsworth employees as well as clients\vendors at the highest levels possible.
• Work with the Project Manager to ensure timely issuance of as-built documents and any project-specific close out documents required by specification or contract.
• Maintains knowledge of all Delta/Schneider/Distech hardware, software, tools and applications.
• Analyzes and advises owners and contractors regarding appropriate control application strategy and available options.
• Locates and uses resources on issues that are beyond personal technical expertise.
• Actively participates in team and Engineering meetings, is open to the free exchange of ideas and concepts and contributes input and feedback to the management team members in a constructive manner.
• Works within a cross functional environment to drive improvements in company processes and methods to improve its ability to meet the mission statement.
• Establishes and maintains a positive team relationship with co-workers and provides benefit of experience and positive feedback to co-workers while accepting that of others.
• University degree in engineering or related field
• More than 5 years of experience project engineering experience in the field of mechanical building services
• Ability to provide strong leadership skills to support direct and indirect reports and broader business directives.
• Possess strong understanding of HVAC Control Systems to accurately appraise existing BAS systems components, evaluate general site conditions, and recommend the most applicable system or technical solution
• Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the entire Building Technology offering.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, technical, and financials abilities
• Working experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint software programs and energy related tools
• Strong leadership qualities and the ability to work independently and within a team environment
• The ability to work in a complex fast paced environment, dealing with multiple projects and clientsÂ
• Experience working with other consultants and contractors, and coordination of integrated projectsÂ
• Knowledgeable regarding governing building, electrical and mechanical codes, ASHRAE, and NFPA standards
• Display strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country!Â Join usâ€¦. Make a difference
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.