Williams Engineering Canada Inc.
Williams Engineering Canada Inc. Edmonton Canada
3 months ago
At Williams Engineering Canada, we brighten the lives of people in our community.
Knowing what we do reaches beyond a single project, we believe it's not only our responsibility but our core purpose to engineer cities that are safe, inclusive, and resilient.
We believe in the value of shared knowledge to better consult, create, and encourage diverse perspectives, to provide innovative solutions across the busiest cities and the most remote regions of Western and Northern Canada. We recognize that our people do much more than engineer solutions and solve our clients' greatest challenges; they have the opportunity to impact the communities in which they live, work, and build relationships in. In order to make a positive impact on our communities, we must start by positively impacting our own people. To us, this means providing fair compensation, training, advancement opportunities, and an open-door team environment. This also means maintaining a healthy work-life balance, which is why... we offer a flexible work environment to support the unique and busy lives that our people lead.
There are many reasons why remote working helps people have more control over their work and balance their lives, that's why at Williams Engineering, we believe a remote work strategy makes business sense and helps us achieve our purpose of brightening the lives of people in our communities by reducing our carbon footprint. We operate on a fully remote option for any teammate who wants to when deemed appropriate by their manager.
If you join us, you have an opportunity to be a part of the impact that we create. We are looking for teammates who want to have an impact on the community though their work and are interested in taking on initiative to live out your Purpose though your work every day.
Reports to: VP, Finance & Shared Services
Based at: Corporate Office, Edmonton (Remote work option available)
Position Purpose: This position is responsible for the planning, initiation and execution of complex IT projects and initiatives. Working closely with Service line/department representatives, identifies, develops and implements feasibility studies for information technology systems to improve business operations. May need to serve as a bridge between the technical teams and the internal stakeholders in order to set the overall vision and goals. Support all stakeholders in understanding potential hurdles facing a project, create overall project plans for how this work will be completed and hold teams accountable for meeting deadlines and budgets. Examines business processes, guides reengineering projects, specifies systems requirements, conducts feasibility studies, selects software solutions and assists in implementation. The successful candidate must have a “blend of technical knowledge”, organization ability and planning, problem-solving and communication skills.
Specific Responsibilities Include
• Identify and evaluate industry best practices, emerging trends and future needs of the information systems industry.
• Analyze complex business needs presented by the users and recommend technical solutions.
• Partner with stakeholders and senior managers to develop or facilitate the development of systems that will meet their specific technology needs while keeping in alignment with the organizations purpose.
• Continually assess business systems and make recommendations for improvements, renewals and efficiencies by reviewing procedures, identifying opportunities, researching and recommending effective business solutions with users.
• Continuously improve existing processes and help teams design new processes that are robust, effective, and efficient.
• Responsible for software maintenance and licensing decisions.
• Responsible for the development of the overall IT budget. Continually monitor expenditures in support of programs, projects and policies; manage the timeframes and report on overall departmental budget and long-range forecasts.
• Manage Knowbe4 campaigns, communicate results and provide remedial training as required.
• Responsible for development of and execution of new employee IT onboarding.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with use of IT tech stack with audits; must know who is in compliance and who is not and conducting remedial training as required.
• Meeting with organizational stakeholders to determine scope and timing of IT projects.
• Working with technical teams to identify potential barriers or issues with systems and determining options for how to overcome them.
• Conducting regular check-ins to monitor project progress and address unexpected issues.
• Overall IT project work rollout plans “Develop and execute not create”.
• Conferring with technical teams to identify what resources are needed for a project.
• Maintaining relationships with external partners; ensuring we are partnered with the right providers with a fiscal responsibility lens as well as minimizing the number of providers as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Perpetuate, clarify, and embody WEC Purpose and Core Values.
• Team mates are required to adhere to the company policies and guidelines as well as the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time.
Qualifications And Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, IT, or equivalent.
• Experience with process analysis and improvement.
• Lean Six Sigma methodology experience an asset.
• 2-4 years of experience in an Operational capacity with similar responsibilities to this role.
• Experience in Engineering or a Professional Services firm is considered an asset.
• Experience with IT systems like Office 365, PowerBi, PowerAutomate, Microsoft Dynamics.
• Experience with ERP conversions.
Skills And Capabilities
• Excellent project management skills and demonstrated success in organizational processes transformation.
• Strong skillset for change management, communication, tact, ability to say no.
• Knowledge of current IT landscape, including cyber security issues.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: a person who listens well, respects diversity of opinions and has an open, clear and succinct communication style.
• Proficient in verbal and written communication.
• The ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors who support our business.
• Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple priorities, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines
Business Analyst - IT Edmonton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.