RITZYROCKS Botswana Botswana
3 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Manager in Aseptic Services to join our Pharmacy department at The London Clinic, based at our The Duchess of Devonshire Wing (Cancer Centre). We are offering a competitive inclusive salary range of £41,310- £50,481 per annum.
The Duchess of Devonshire Wing is The London Clinic's dedicated award-winning cancer centre, which includes state-of-the-art radiotherapy, and chemotherapy suites as well as 47 dedicated patient bedrooms for Oncology & Haematology patients.
The Pharmacy department at The London Clinic comprises of number of areas which work together to provide effective patient services and best possible outcomes for our patients.
The London Clinic's Pharmacy Department are a close-knit team with around 45 staff members. The Pharmacy department comprises of 9 core services: On Call, Dispensary Services, Distribution and Top Up Service, Procurement, Clinical Ward Pharmacy Services, Provision of Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN... Aseptic/Technical Services, Clinical Governance and Education and Training.
We have extensive oncology services, including a purpose built chemotherapy aseptic compounding suite. As well as an automated medication dispensing system which supports decentralised medicine management in numerous wards.
As Deputy Manager in Aseptic Services you will ensure that the Duchess of Devonshire Wing (DDW) Aseptic Services Unit and Dispensary are operated in a safe, effective, economic and timely manner.
Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week.
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday (occasional weekends may be required i.e. for stock takes)
Job Location: 22 Devonshire Place, London, W1G 6JA (Close to Regents Park/Baker St tube stations).
Salary: The attractive inclusive salary range for this role is £41,310- £50,481 per annum and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
• We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%)
• Private Medical Healthcare
• 33 day's annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
• Season ticket travel loan
• A wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services, plus an extensive range of other benefits.
• We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Closing Date: 9am Friday 24th February 2023. Interviews will be held on 1st March 2023.
• Manage the pharmacy assistants within the Aseptic Services Unit (ASU) to ensure continuous service provision.
• Ensure direct reports proactively complete all daily tasks in accordance with principles of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Health and Safety at Work legislation, pharmaceutical guidelines relevant to aseptic dispensing, and departmental and corporate procedures at the Duchess of Devonshire Wing (DDW) Pharmacy, including Statutory Mandatory Training (SMT).
• Supervise and participate in the safe and accurate assembly, manufacture and dispensing of cytotoxic, hazardous and monoclonal preparations in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), national and local guidelines, via the BD Cato medication workflow software via gravimetric/volumetric processing where applicable.
• Facilitate efficient co-ordination of chemotherapy treatments by working alongside the medical, pharmacy and scheduling teams to ensure aseptically prepared treatments are available in a timely manner according to their treatment date and time.
• Support and manage the dispensary when required to cover annual leave and support the team.
Skills & Experience
• UK Registered Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
• NVQ Level 3 in Pharmaceutical Services or equivalent
• BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent
• Extensive post qualification experience in a UK hospital pharmacy setting
• Post qualification experience in Aseptic Services
• Stock management, usage review and discrepancy investigation
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK's largest private hospitals, with 8 state-of-the-art facilities, and circa 1350 employees where we are dedicated to providing our patients with expert, individualised treatment and care. Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 150+ patient beds and 10 operating theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive/day surgery theatres. Speciality areas include, General surgery; ENT; Gynaecology; Hepatobiliary; Neuro-spinal; Ophthalmic; Orthopaedic; Plastic and reconstructive; Robotic; Urology; Vascular & Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery).
The London Clinic has charitable status which is fundamental to our identity and how we operate, enabling our teams to invest in treatments, technology and facilities that benefit our patients, staff and the wider community.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting all adults at risk, children and young people by implementing robust safer recruitment practices during our selection process. Pre-employment checks are undertaken in accordance with industry standards and regulations, and successful applicants may be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). If you would like further information about our safer recruitment policy then please contact a member of our recruitment team.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background
Deputy Manager Aseptic Services Botswana jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.