SunDrive Kirrawee NSW Australia
3 months ago
Why SunDrive? SunDrive’s proprietary technology enables the use of copper instead of silver for solar cell electrodes. This technological breakthrough has significant benefits, including greater efficiency, lower cost, a scalable supply chain and more environmentally friendly production.
Founded in 2015, SunDrive is backed by some of Australia’s top venture capital firms (Blackbird, MainSequence, Virescent, Grok), tech founders and the Australian Government (CEFC,ARENA). SunDrive has quickly grown from a UNSW Ph.D. project in a garage to producing the world’s most efficient commercial-sized solar cells.
Reporting directly to Head of Cell and Process Development, the purpose of this role is to assist in the optimisation of SunDrive’s solar cell patterning and plating processes. One of SunDrive’s technology advantages is a low-cost, high-resolution patterning process. The primary focus of the role will be optimisation of SunDrive’s patterning process to ensure successful scaling and... commercialisation of SunDrive’s technology for market entry.
Solar PV manufacturing does not currently exist in Australia, so this is a unique opportunity to learn and develop skills in solar cell manufacturing in an industrial environment and gain experience in the scaling of a unique processing technology to market entry.
You will focus on:
• Design and undertake experiments to optimise SunDrive’s novel cell patterning technology to maximise cell and process performance
• Qualify new materials and processes for potential integration into SunDrive’s pilot-scale processing sequence
• Establish waste management strategies for SunDrive’s pilot-scale patterning process
• Assist in the development, testing and operation of high throughput cell processing tools in SunDrive’s pilot production line
• Operating SunDrive’s cell patterning and plating equipment and assisting in the tuning, optimisation and maintenance of this equipment
• Performing characterisation of solar cells to assess process performance and repeatability and analyse data to draw conclusions
• Facilitating transfer of technology developments to SunDrive’s pilot-scale production line and beyond
• Implementing and updating operating procedures for SunDrive’s cell processing sequence
• Updating and assisting in the maintenance SunDrive’s documentation of processing materials
• An engineering/science background (chemistry, material science)
• Practical engineering experience in either a lab or industrial setting
• Previous experience in materials applications and characterisation
• Ability to design, execute and analyse large processing experiments (100+ sample size)
• Expertise in polymer science is highly favorable
• An understanding/experience of the solar cell processing sequence is recommended
• Manufacturing experience (either in the solar industry or a relevant industry) is highly desirable but not essential
• Experience in a start-up environment with a rapid technology development cycle would be advantageous
SunDrive Solar Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
SunDrive is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process
Kirrawee NSW Australia
Jobs in Kirrawee NSW Australia
Materials Engineer Kirrawee NSW jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.