Forestry Commission Lyndhurst United Kingdom
3 months ago
The post holder will be providing guidance and technical advice to colleagues, project managing all works and planning ongoing maintenance and development of our Civil Engineering built assets.
These assets include 800km of forest roads, over 350 bridges of various types; timber, concrete, steel and masonry and in excess of 190 forest car parks. Your responsibilities will include managing works for both operational requirements (forest road maintenance) and recreational requirements (maintenance of car parks and other visitor facilities), The varied responsibilities of this role makes this an interesting, rewarding and challenging opportunity. No two jobs are the same, so the annual programme is interesting and diverse.
This role has three direct reports which you will be expected to manage and you’ll be supported by colleagues who are experts in their areas, be that ecology, forestry or recreation, so you will need to be a good line manager, team player and have strong... communication skills.
To plan and implement civil engineering work in accordance with service level agreements, budgets, environmental standards, technical and statutory regulations (especially health and safety) and to represent the Civil Engineering function within South England Forest District.
Key Work Areas
• Develop and administer the Civil Engineering section of the Forest District Business Plan which delivers Forest District objectives and is compliant with national policy.
• Manage the South England Forest District Civil Engineering team and act as Reporting Officer to the Assistant Civil Engineer, Works Supervisor, and Admin Officer.
• Plan, agree and prioritise construction and maintenance programmes in conjunction with the relevant Forest District staff.
• Procure and manage internal and external resources to deliver agreed programmes safely, to agreed standards, to time and at appropriate cost.
• Manage Civil Engineering assets within the GIS Database; deliver inspection regimes on all Civil Engineering managed infrastructure and implement appropriate maintenance programmes.
• Advise Forest District staff on all Civil Engineering issues.
• Promote and encourage a positive health and safety culture around all Civil Engineering activity.
• Develop personal and team capability to achieve Forest District and wider organisational objectives.
• Participate in the South England Forest District Duty Officer system.
View Our YouTube Video To Find Out More
We aim to provide a great place to work, whichever location you work from. Blended working forms part of our flexible and inclusive approach to future ways of working. It is an informal arrangement which gives you the option to work some of the week from home, and some of the week from our offices within the South District, subject to role requirements, business needs, and regular review. Informal blended working arrangements will be available as agreed with the line manager. Further information will be available for candidates invited to interview
Jobs in Lyndhurst United Kingdom
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.