Brackenberry London United Kingdom
1 month ago
We are working closely alongside a Local Authority in Haringey to assist with the appointment of a Environmental Health Officer, on a 3-month contract, highly likely to be extended at clients discretion. Please apply with your CV for immediate consideration.
• To achieve compliance with statutory requirements through investigation, inspection and property Licensing.
• To achieve Council and service unit objectives by improving the living conditions for households privately renting
• To ensure non-compliant landlords are enforced against using the most appropriate legislation.
• To respond to complaints about poor property conditions and housing related nuisance in the private housing sector using a risk based approach.
• Utilise the appropriate investigative and evaluation techniques to assess housing risks and hazards and determine the nature, cause remedy and urgency of the problem and rectification.
• Deliver through evaluation, investigation and... compliance inspections the Councils property Licensing programme.
• Prepare Enforcement Notices in order to obtain compliance.
• Participate in publicity campaigns, customer service improvement plans and joint initiatives across Council services and with other agencies as directed.
• Ensure that you fully understand and remain proficient in the use of all the Service IT and Data recording systems.
• Take responsibility for the development and enhancement of your own knowledge and skill set through CPD and training.
• Carry out Housing and Public Health related visits such as pest control, drainage, nuisance and compliance with Licensing conditions.
• Can demonstrate an understanding of how to identify housing building hazards and gather accurate information. Can identify when appropriately high tier officers need to intervene
• Possess a high standard of numeracy, literacy and grammatical accuracy.
• Posses a skill set that can be applied to the role of environmental health practice.
• To have a basic level of understanding in relation to Housing regulations and the Legislation associated with housing related environmental health practice
• EHO needed for complaint and enforcement work
• Applicants should have completed the Environmental Health BSc or MSc degree
• You should be available to work immediately or at a short notice.
• You should have right to work in U.K
• Possession of a full current driving licence
Disclaimer: Brackenberry Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Unless otherwise stated all of our roles are temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary. Incase the role requires an enhanced DBS, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Environmental Health Officer London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.