The Mount Vernon School
The Mount Vernon School Atlanta GA Georgia
1 month ago
Founded in 1972, The Mount Vernon School is a leading private school of inquiry, innovation, and impact. Anchored in Christian values — love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control — relationships at Mount Vernon are foundational to learning. Preparing students to be college ready, globally competitive, and engaged citizen leaders call... us to lean in to inclusion, diversity, equity, and action.
Creating and cultivating connections between all people, ideas, and sectors, the School welcomes all learners to wrestle with voices and perspectives that challenge our assumptions, biases, stereotypes, and privileges. Not allowing our differences to divide us requires each of us to engage in honest, vulnerable, and courageous conversations through empathy, reflection, examination, and action. Being real agents of change is a continuous journey.
Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, our trust in each other strengthens our sense of identity, autonomy, and interdependence. As a school of inquiry, innovation, and impact, we are committed to creating and sustaining a school culture where all members feel valued and safe, sharing their authentic selves to design a better world…together.
The Mount Vernon School is seeking substitute teachers across the Lower, Middle and Upper school divisions in the absence of the regular classroom teacher to help students to learn subject matter and/or skills that are required for scheduled lessons and to provide meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms..
Role & Responsibilities
• Reports to Front Office at beginning of school day to pick up required materials/schedule of classes and at the end of the school day to return materials. Follows sign out procedures as prescribed by the Front Office.
• Carries out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans left by the classroom teacher.
• Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
• Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
• Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
• Maintains a neat and orderly classroom. Straightens chairs, tables, and clears whiteboard, etc.
• Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures.
• Ensures that the students are never left unattended in the classroom.
• May perform duties usually required of absent teacher such as lunchroom duty, etc.
• Knows emergency evacuation routes for the classrooms assigned.
• Knows school procedures and regulations. Performs other related duties as directed by Head of School.
• Substitute teachers may be called for a full-day or half-day. Substitute teachers must be available between 7:30 am and 3:00 pm; advanced notice might not always be possible.
• Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's degree in early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or related field
• Teaching Certificate
• Classroom experience and proficiency with technological tools and platforms preferred
The faculty and staff of The Mount Vernon School believe the fair and equitable treatment of employees is critical to fulfilling its mission and purpose. It is the policy of The Mount Vernon School to conduct business and provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
Atlanta GA USA
Substitute Teacher Atlanta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.