Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Lisbon Portugal
1 month ago
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, a specialty biopharmaceutical company with operations worldwide, is looking for a Senior Architect for Cloud & Hosting.
Your new company
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group committed to helping people around the world build families and live better lives. Headquartered in Saint-Prex, Switzerland, Ferring is a leader in reproductive medicine and women’s health, and in specialty areas within gastroenterology and urology. Ferring has been developing treatments for mothers and babies for over 50 years and has a portfolio covering treatments from conception to birth. Founded in 1950, privately-owned Ferring now employs over 6,000 people worldwide, has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries. To learn more about Ferring or its products please visit
Your new role
The primary responsibility of a Cloud & Hosting architect is to plan, design and... assist with the implementation of global Cloud & Hosting solutions, establish and maintaining a strong governance, facilitate maintenance of Cloud & Hosting related strategies with end user communities, understanding end user needs and in collaboration with them, and to update Cloud & Hosting strategies to meet future demands.
- Responsible for Cloud & Hosting solutions being aligned to best practices by staying informed about industry trends and standards, participating in external forums and collaborating with other companies similar to Ferring- Key contributor in producing clear and well-defined tactical roadmaps for the Cloud & Hosting area, and for some Cloud & Hosting solutions in more detail- Translating project-specific needs into solutions that will suit those needs and considering the project needs in terms of resource usage and scalability- Identify dependencies and common infrastructure components, and assess aggregation methods- Ensure relevant artefacts, e.g. run-books, processes, diagrams, configuration management are created and maintain ownership of related artifacts- Manage Cloud & Hosting solution lifecycle with Ferring partners, validate solutions meet design requirements, audit & validate tools and techniques used by the different partners to maintain our Cloud & Hosting solutions-
- Create solutions that support a DevOps approach for delivery and operations of services- Ensure that all solutions follow security and compliance controls, including data sovereignty- Create proof-of-concepts with outsourcer to demonstrate viability of solutions under consideration-
- Be in control of assets needed to operate our Cloud & Hosting solutions and aid in managing outsourcer cost
- We are looking for a talented individual who has 10+ years' experience designing, executing, and supporting cloud and hosting solutions- You need to have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or other relevant field- Excellent architecture understanding of cloud and hosting- Visionary on how the future of cloud and hosting in general should evolve- Strong architecture & design expertise deep knowledge on Microsoft, Cisco and Linux Technology- In-depth skills relating to virtualization, software-defined network, networking, communications, physical and virtual storage, data center network, backup, disaster recovery, and cloud solutions- Need to have strong experience managing and remediating HyperV environments- Good knowledge of IaaS (Particularly Azure) and PaaS services & architecture offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to establish complex solutions- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and database administration- Knowledge relating to virtual desktops, VDI, etc.- Knowledge of networking engineering, including DNS, firewalls, load balancing, etc.- Knowledge of best practices for IT operations- Experience with infrastructure as code and automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet and Chef- Strong experience working with
- and managing Outsourcing providers- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges- Experience with problem solving issues on distributed systems and critical product service environments- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with corporate executives and technical teams- Knowledge with Agile Scrum methodology or working within a Safe Framework- Experience working within regulated industries- Excellent organizational, coordination, interpersonal and communication skills- Fluency in English
What you'll get in return
Inspiration from our commitment to advocate for everyone’s right to build a family, no matter who you are, where you live or who you love. Motivation from innovation in our chosen therapy areas and ongoing development of our organization.
What you need to do
Senior IT Architect - Cloud & Hosting Lisbon jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.