Spotify New York NY United States
1 month ago
Spotify for Artists is the destination for artists and their teams to understand their fans and reach their goals. We give artists the insights and tools they need to connect with their fans and establish a meaningful career on their own terms.
The Music Product Insights Team is a growing insights community of 30+ Data Scientists and User Researchers who blend their skills to help us craft the... next generation of music industry products, bringing insights into every decision we make.
We are looking for a data scientist with experience working in a product development team, testing new product concepts with users at various stages of the product development cycle, thinking creatively about experimentation, and leveraging statistical modeling to generate insights from large-scale datasets. You will join one of the product teams within Spotify for Artists and help inform the way we build our platform to allow artists and their teams to achieve success on Spotify.
What you'll do:
• Gain a deep understanding of how products and platforms influence user behavior by extracting insights from rich datasets to drive the Spotify for Artists roadmap.
• Identify the most impactful opportunities for product development based on user needs, and execute on them diligently and resourcefully, sequencing hypotheses to ladder up to broader business goals.
• Partner closely with the other data scientists, user researchers, and data engineers to help inform, build and test hypotheses to deliver actionable insights that fuel our product development.
• Define the metrics we use to measure the health of initiatives and track them through dashboards
• Be an advocate for data-informed decision-making, making recommendations about the product performance and product experience available to the whole organization.
Who you are:
• You have proven experience as a Data Scientist using experimentation methods and advanced statistical modeling to drive product development.
• You have experience with product analytics, including crafting success metrics, ensuring strong instrumentation, deeply understanding user behaviors, and presenting findings with clear product recommendations or implications.
• You are capable of taking on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences.
• You’re a compelling storyteller who can communicate in succinct and inspiring ways to audiences with varied data science experience to influence real world product or feature decisions.
• You are proficient in Python and SQL
Where you'll be:
• We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
• Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours. Working hours?
• We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that our teammates are comfortable working within the hours of that time zone.
• Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For NYC, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties.For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
What Spotify Has to Offer
New York NY USA
Jobs in New York NY United States
Senior Data Scientist, Spotify For Artists New York jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.