LumiQ Toronto Canada
1 month ago
We’re LumiQ – an audio-first professional education platform for CPAs. We help CPAs get their continuing professional development (CPD) hours through engaging podcasts with business leaders (the CFOs of Slack, Shopify, Yelp, Yahoo, TD Bank, and Wealthsimple just to name a few). CPD/CPE is the yearly required learning that CPAs generally dread doing. They’re tired of dealing with boring webinars, irrelevant content and product experiences that are out-of-date. That’s why they’ve flocked to LumiQ and our mission to make professional learning enjoyable.
With hundreds of companies signed up, we’re at the precipice of launching a global movement that’s going to massively change the professional education and podcasting industries. Following our recent Series A, we’ve expanded into the US market and are seeing wonderful early signs of traction.
Despite our lightning growth, we tend not to subscribe to the mantra of “move fast and break things.” Our goal is to build a profitable company... where our employees can learn and grow, and where customers see real value and genuinely enjoy using the product. We are building a company meant to last, and if this resonates with you, we hope you will consider joining us on our journey to transform professional education
As a lead UX/UI designer at LumiQ, you will be responsible for designing the overall user experience and visual design of LumiQ’s podcasting platform for accountants and finance professionals. This will involve working to understand the needs of our customers and translating them into intuitive and effective user interfaces by working closely with the product management and engineering teams.
A lead UX/UI designer at LumiQ should have a strong foundation in design principles, excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team. You should also have a strong portfolio demonstrating design work and process.
Bonus point if you have a personal interest and passion for podcasting or have worked with accounting professionals
How You'll Lead
• Collaborating with the product management team to understand the business objectives and user needs for each product, and using that information to inform the design process
• Identifying and solving customer problems by considering various behavioral data points and thinking creatively about potential solutions
• Creating various design materials, such as diagrams, prototypes, and wireframes, to guide the development process
• Generating a wide range of ideas and then refining them based on customer research and testing
• Mentoring and coaching junior designers on the team
• Collaborating with the engineering team to ensure that designs are implemented correctly and to a high standard
• Staying up to date with the latest design trends and techniques, and incorporating them into LumiQ's products as appropriate
• Creating a strategic design vision and ensuring all UX efforts are aligned with that direction
What You'll Bring
• At least 8 years of experience in interaction design, product design, service design, or a related field
• At least 3 years of experience in a high-growth SaaS organization
• A deep understanding of design principles and techniques
• The ability to create prototypes to test and validate hypotheses through both qualitative and quantitative methods
• A curious and innovative mindset with a focus on driving business results
• Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
• Experience conveying ideas and concepts through storyboarding, wireframing, and prototyping
• Proficiency with industry-standard design tools such as Figma and Sketch, as well as knowledge of user testing and analytics tools
• A portfolio showcasing your design work and process
• Proficiency in designing user experiences for the web, mobile, iOS and Android
• Knowledge in Adobe Illustrator or graphic design is a plus
If you think your experience is most of the way there we’d still love to meet you
Please note this is a flexible hybrid role based out of Toronto, Canada. Employees will be expected to be able to commute to the office for some team and company-based activities.
Benefits and Perks
● Health Benefits after 3 months with us, including a yearly health spend account
● Access to an Employee Assistance Program if needed
Monthly team social events (Super Smash Bro party, hot chocolate bar, Blue Jays game, Hot Ones Challenge are just a few examples of what we have done in the past)
● Schedule flexibility. We know our employees have lives outside of work and don’t mind if you need to run to a mid-day doctor's appointment or pick up a kid early from school
● Nomad policy: Work remotely 4 weeks of the year from anywhere in the world
Office space at one of Canada’s most well-regarded startup accelerators— OneEleven (Front and John Street) which includes ping pong and foosball tables, monthly learning events, and a great opportunity to grow your personal and professional network with dozens of other startup folks in the space
● The chance to work with the world-class investors behind us, including Jean Desgagne, former CEO of GES at the TMX, Joel Lessem, Founder & CEO of Firmex, Neil Wainright, Founder and CEO of Nexonia, and Dennis Bennie, one of the Founding members of the Creative Destruction Lab.
Lead UX/UI Designer Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.