People Dynamics Doha Qatar
1 month ago
• Prepare and manage Annual Budget for Legal Support (In house and outsourced).
• Approve and/or engage with external law firms and legal advisors.
• Set legal Authority Matrix, guidelines, policies, manuals, handbooks, and Procedures to promote and protect the company’s legal affairs.
• Ensure compliance with legal guidelines, policies and rules across THE COMPANY, Clusters and “THE COMPANY” Subsidiaries.
• Identify and define contractual legal risks’ limits (Ex. negative variation limits, LD’s limits, PCG, Personal Guarantees, PDC) depending on the relevant business activities.
• Manage legal support with a quality and timely manner.
• Standardization and upgrade of General Forms of Contracts and Special Forms of Contracts as needed by THE COMPANY (“Approved Standard Forms/ASF”).
• Assistance in proposing and implementing corporate governance rules for THE COMPANY (as needed).
• Custodian of Board of Directors resolutions and documentation.
• Approve and/or sign contractual... documents before signed by authorized signatories.
• Periodically report and advise on compliance with all local laws, regulations and keeping management up to date as to the changes in the laws that affect the company.
• Participate in internal legal investigations and audit duties as requested.
• Provide legal advice and legal counsel to the shareholders and various departments of the Business Units within THE COMPANY.
• Work closely with senior management to evaluate legal impact of major decisions where applicable where laws, regulations or facts of the case are unclear, controversial, or conflicting.
• Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks strategically.
• Maintain proper corporate interactions with the relevant local and governmental bodies.
• Conduct legal training programs as set by the company and other departments.
• Ensure protection against the legal exposure and liability for both transactions and dispute resolutions exercises.
• Set Strategy for protection of Intellectual Property and Intangible assets, IP licenses and franchising.
• Perform related duties and special projects assigned.
• Approve the selection and termination of Legal Department Advisers and employees.
• Maintain accurate legal archives for all legal documentation.
• Review, interpret, analyse, negotiate contractual documents.
• Create, maintain, and update contracts reminding system to show expiry dates for notification of the concerned parties.
• Provide legal support to the business teams for resolution of commercial issues, contractual communication, commitments, and flow-down requirements.
• Draft AoA’s & JV’s agreements, thereafter, register all new THE COMPANY companies and Joint ventures, renew and amend existing commercial registration.
• Advisory on TM and classes selection, laws, and regulations.
• Developing standard forms in line with international drafting standards
• Reviewing Case’s statements and evidence before submitting to the Law Firms and follow up and report the progress.
• Drafting & Reviewing Claims Notices for outstanding payment arising out from Transactions.
• Draft, review and enforce Settlement Agreement.
• Implement and monitor (in conjunction with external law firms, if any) in any dispute related to BU’s or Shareholders within THE COMPANY with government agencies, customer, employees or third parties.
• Establish and maintain matrix of all Licensing in place, update progressively and provide detailed status reports.
• Coordinate with competent bodies for licensing, certification requirements and any other requirements having potential impact any business unit operations or business.
• Perform business unit support in applications, government compliance, and documentation in various transaction such as registration of new legal entity, merger, acquisition, new branch, partnership, trade license renewal, etc.
• Handle all aspects related to Trademarks to include registrations and reminding systems thereof.
• Day to day processing of government- related applications for business units to ensure that all requirement is met and submitted on time
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.