Orascom Development Holding
Orascom Development Holding Oman Oman
1 month ago
The role of the PR Assistant Manager is part of the PR team within the Corporate Communications Function, which falls under Orascom Development’s Commercial Center of Excellence.
The PR Assistant Manager will work closely with the Group Director for Corporate PR, with focus on supporting the Oman destinations. The role entails building strong, collaborative relationships with the destination teams in Oman, in particular the marketing, digital and events teams. The role will be based in Oman or UAE with frequent travel to Jebel Sifah and Hawana Salalah.
In addition to building and maintaining a positive image for the Oman destinations supported by PR campaigns, the PR Assistant Manager will help advance strategic objectives including destination and real estate marketing initiatives.
• Developing and implementing proactive and reactive PR plans including appropriate tactics and relevant messaging to help advance strategic objectives including... destination and real estate marketing initiatives.
• Managing and implementing PR activities (e.g., press releases, conferences, visits; events, media coverage, influencers campaigns, etc.) ensuring consistency, quality and effectiveness.
• Utilizing a variety of media/communication channels (Digital, TV, press, third party endorsers, etc.) to maximize destination exposure and serve marketing objectives.
• Work closely with Group Director for Corporate PR and liaise with destination stakeholders to ensure consistency in promoting destination aligned with corporate guidelines.
• Cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with press, KOLs and influencers to maximize impact for Orascom Development and our destinations through coverage, exposure and visibility.
• Arranging, supervising and preparing briefing materials, content and spokesperson(s) for interviews, public speaking opportunities and press events.
• Support with handling sensitive public issues and media crisis related to the destination.
• Assessing opportunities for sponsorships and other partnerships and manage relations.
• On ground execution/supervision of PR tactics in events.
• Analyzing results of PR campaigns or efforts and prepare reports that provide insights and recommendations for continuous improvement in the role.
• Developing PR and project budgets and maintain budgetary cost control within the function.
• Handling the PR agency daily communication & represent the destinations with them.
• Keeping a close eye and reporting on PR and market trends, both local and international, for opportunities, inspiration, and reference.
• Monitoring daily news to ensure accuracy, tracking and reporting is in place to enhance performance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
• 6+ years of Experience in PR and communication either within an agency or in a corporate environment. Some group/corporate experience with holding companies, real estate or hospitality is an advantage.
• Understanding of the Omani market (diverse stakeholders/dynamics) but also exposure to international environment/businesses.
• Structured thinking: ability to develop a PR plan aligned with broader marketing/comms strategy.
• Comfort with ambiguity and multi-tasking and fast-paced work environment.
• Strong interpersonal/collaboration skills (ability to work with multiple teams and stakeholders).
• Strong personal drive and decision-making skills; experience with supervising/managing agencies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and in English; with good questioning and listening skills.
Company + Role Context
Orascom Development is a leading international developer of vibrant, integrated communities. We create world-class destinations and build communities where individuals and families, residents and visitors, leisure and business come together to form inspiring communities. With a highly respected track record to-date, our ambition is to go further and become ‘the’ international benchmark for the development of successful, integrated destinations.
We are experts in developing new communities from the ground up, starting with key infrastructure. To deliver a unique experience for our destinations’ residents and visitors, our development approach relies on an integrated model that harmoniously combines residential areas, hotels, commercial and leisure amenities – including golf courses, marinas, sports facilities, retail and restaurants.
Today we have a land bank of more than 100 million square meters with 10 thriving communities across Egypt, the UAE, Oman, Montenegro, Switzerland, and the UK. Additionally, we own, manage, and operate our portfolio of 33 hotels with more than 7,000 rooms across Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
The shares of Orascom Development Holding are listed on SIX Swiss Exchange, and our largest subsidiary (Orascom Development Egypt – ODE) trades on the Egyptian Stock Exchange.
Orascom Development offers Corporate Communications team members the opportunity to be a key contributor to Orascom Development’s ambitious transformation agenda by building meaningful relationships that shape the company’s reputation and brand for creating world-class destinations and building communities. We recognize and reward those who are both self-starters and team players – with the ability to foster resourcefulness and work collaboratively as one team with each other and across countries, destinations, and functions – to deliver impact. We foster an environment that allows employees to grow and thrive personally and professionally.
While we celebrate our Corporate Communications team members’ individual expertise, experience and personalities that bring rich, diverse insights to our team, we also share commonalities that help to drive our success. We understand the importance of the big picture and small details. We see connections that others do not and an impact-driven, intellectually curious, growth mindset. We understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of our team and our business. We maintain high standards in our work and continually raise the bar through development and mentorship. We enjoy working in a multicultural environment and can work as part of a virtual team. We are guided by passion for the work that we do and respect for our colleagues, communities, and environment
PR Assistant Manager - Oman jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.