SVP Dublin Ireland
1 month ago
Youth Development Officer - East Region
Location : Dublin 1
Salary range : €42,195.98
Experience : Have a minimum of 3 years’ full time post qualified experience of working with and using active learning methodologies with young people in group settings.
Closing date : Tue, 14 Feb 2023
SVP is a large, national, voluntary organisation with extensive experience of working with a diverse range of people who experience poverty and exclusion.
Through its network of over 12,000 volunteers and 700 staff, it is strongly committed to working for social justice and advocates the creation of a more just and caring society.
SVP employs people to support volunteers in a variety of settings including housing, community care, shops, administration, and other specialist areas.
The Role :
We are currently looking to recruit a Youth Development Officer to join our East Regional team in our Regional Office, Dublin 1.
Working across the Region (Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow),the... post holder will have responsibility for promoting and supporting the SVP Youth Development programme through various models of engagement, primarily through the support and development of Young SVP Conferences in schools and 3rd level institutions.
Providing young people with the experience of helping others in some tangible way, an experience of being a volunteer and of making a difference to people that will provide them with opportunities for both personal and social development.
This is a great opportunity to join one of Ireland’s largest voluntary organisations, make a difference in your community, and inspire people about the work of SVP and the importance of social justice
Candidate Requirements :
• 3rd level qualification in Youth Work, Education or equivalent area.
• Training in group facilitation and learning with young people.
• Have a minimum of 3 years’ full time post qualified experience of working with and using active learning methodologies with young people in group settings.
• A team worker with an ability to prioritise tasks and to work well under pressure.
• Excellent IT skills including knowledge of record keeping and database systems.
• Has previous experience of working in statutory / voluntary / community settings.
• Required to hold a full clean Irish / EU driving licence and to have access to a car which can be used for work.
• Excellent group facilitation skills.
• Strong ability to manage events.
• Strong presentation skills and skilled at public speaking.
• Self-motivated with the ability to working on own as well as be a strong team contributor.
• Proven ability to set own work plans with a progress tracking system in line with objectives set by line manager and National Youth Development strategy.
• Enjoys working with young people and is passionate about social justice
Youth Development Officer - East Region Dublin jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.