Adecco UK LTD
Adecco UK LTD London United Kingdom
1 month ago
Review Officer - REMOTE role
£20.90 PAYE or £27.10 UMBRELLA
Are you able to use logic, reasoning and prioritising to action tasks and duties?
Do you have great communication skills?
Make a difference and change lives for the better with a local council...
Extensive experience of conducting complex casework and report writing to a high level and of using workflow and data imaging systems required.
A detailed knowledge of the statutory instruments, legislation, guidance and case-law, relating to the allocation of accommodation to homeless households
A detailed knowledge of the Regulations pertaining to
the conduct of s202 reviews
To deliver replies in respect of homelessness enquiries
1. To receive representations that serve to challenge decisions made in relation to the homeless applications in accordance with the Council's duty under Part 7 of the Housing Act 1996, as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002 and carry out an independent review of such decisions... producing a written adjudication on that substantive challenge that serves to consider and supply the full reason for the review decision
2. At the direction of the Team Manager Legal to conduct reviews of suitability of accommodation provided or offered to homeless households in accordance with the Council's statutory duties under Part VII of the 1996 Housing Act (as amended),decisions on homelessness applications.
3. At the direction of the Team Manager Legal, to act as the council's representative in any subsequent court challenge to review decisions or in any litigation around the conduct of the review, including that which involves any decision not to conduct a review.
4. To ensure customers receive, either directly or through referral to relevant teams/agencies, appropriate advice on their options.
5. To ensure that all enquiries and cases are progressed speedily and efficiently, that all set targets are achieved and to minimise the risk of successful legal challenge on decisions relating to the allocation of accommodation to homeless households.
Please APPLY NOW...
Why work with Adecco:
- 20 days annual leave + 9 days bank holiday
- Perks at work - discount vouchers and points to spend
- Support program with 24/7 helpline
Speak to Perry at Adecco on 01708 724 321
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Review Officer - Housing options London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.