City of Gold Coast
City of Gold Coast Gold Coast QLD Australia
3 months ago
Inspired by lifestyle. Driven by opportunity.
That's the vision of the City of Gold Coast .
City of Gold Coast is Australia’s second-largest local government authority, and our people are united in their passion for delivering the best for our City. We live, work and play in our enviable natural landscape and have the unique opportunity to see the positive impact our individual contributions have on our community every day.
Why join the City of Gold Coast? What’s in it for you?
When you join the City of Gold Coast, we provide pathways and opportunities for you to grow and achieve your potential and we look out for your health and well-being with our Fitness Passport and Employee Assistance programs. We also offer flexible work options, including flexible hours, the ability to work from home up to 2 days per week and work a 9-day fortnight to allow you to have more time doing the things you enjoy. We have a generous superannuation scheme and an employee-driven Social Club to help... save you dollars on events and activities to get you amongst the action!
About Your New Role
The role of Senior Heritage Officer is responsible for maintaining the City’s Local Heritage Register and providing specialist historic heritage conservation and planning advice and support to promote quality outcomes for the City’s historic heritage. A significant proportion of the work is working across multiple business units and projects, with both internal and external customers and stakeholders. Therefore, strong personal motivation, organisation, project planning, and coordination skills are important, as is the ability to work cooperatively and effectively within project team environments. This position reports to the Coordinator of Cultural Heritage Development and is located within the Heritage Unit in the Office of Architecture and Heritage Team, and the Economy, Planning and Environment Directorate.
Key Responsibilities Include
• Maintain the City’s Local Heritage Register, including coordinating nominations and assessment of historic heritage for inclusion in the register and City Plan
• Identify conservation management priorities for significant historic heritage owned or managed by Council in consultation with relevant stakeholders
• Coordinate Council's historic heritage statutory approval requirements relating to local heritage places
• Provide technical advice to assist the assessment of development applications, exemption certificates and pre-lodgement enquiries relating to historic heritage places
• Provide technical leadership and advice to Council staff pertaining to heritage policy, conservation procedures and the legislation governing historic heritage
• Project manage the planning and delivery of historic heritage projects, including the procurement of Contractors
• Prepare correspondence, reports, and briefing papers responding to historic heritage matters for Council, including Councillors
• Administer the City’s Heritage Advocacy Program, including the provision of technical advice to community historic heritage interest groups and the general public relating to the historic cultural heritage of local significance
You will have a degree in the field of cultural heritage conservation/management, planning, archaeology, anthropology, history, architecture, or equivalent knowledge. Demonstrated experience working within State and/or Local Government in a technical historic heritage advisory role, including heritage planning and development assessment, will be highly regarded, and built heritage skills desirable.
You are a motivated professional, who is passionate about high-quality historic heritage outcomes in a government context. You work effectively in a team environment and can self-manage your workload.
To be successful in the role, you will also require:
• Demonstrated experience in project management with the ability to scope, coordinate and manage multiple projects and resources effectively to achieve goals and meet deadlines and commitments where collaborative action is required in a work environment of diverse interests and values
• Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and investigative skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility, drawing on extensive knowledge of historic heritage legislation, and historic heritage conservation and planning practices
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of historic heritage conservation best practices and legislation
• Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service and excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with particular emphasis in the areas of consultation and influencing important and often contentious projects to gain resolution
• Ability to work with limited supervision, take initiative, ensure the completion of tasks, and work collaboratively with team members, customers, and stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes
• Behaviour that demonstrates a commitment to positive organisational workplace culture
• Relevant tertiary qualifications, expertise and extensive previous experience providing historic heritage conservation and heritage planning advice
• Current holder of unrestricted Class C driver’s licence
How To Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and cover letter (of no more than one page) that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
The City takes pride in ensuring we hire the right people for our roles and those employed with us are skilled, suitable and will act in a manner that reflects our City values. Our selection process includes pre-employment checks, compulsory drug and alcohol testing and National Police Check (as required).
The City of Gold Coast is an equal-opportunity employer dedicated to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are committed to supporting an environment where all employees, regardless of their differences or similarities, feel valued, respected and supported. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons are encouraged to apply.
Please note applications for all of our vacancies close at 10.30pm on the listed closing date
Gold Coast QLD Australia
Jobs in Gold Coast QLD Australia
Senior Heritage Officer Gold Coast QLD jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.