WTKR News 3
WTKR News 3 Norfolk VA United States
1 month ago
WTKR/WGNT, The E.W. Scripps station in Norfolk, Virginia is searching for a Multimedia Journalist to create impactful journalism on a daily basis. The MMJ researches, writes, captures visual content, and edits stories for multiple platforms. The MMJ will further the station’s mission to tell stories that are important to the people who live, work, and play in Coastal Virginia and Northeast North... Carolina. Come enjoy the beautiful beaches, harbors, parks, and hiking trails our community offers, with more than 210 days of sunshine each year!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Gathers and verifies factual information, on deadline, through interviews, observation, and research.
• Generates enterprise story ideas and vets news tips daily based on the station’s brand and strategic plan.
• Build a network of sources in the community.
• Be a dynamic storyteller and on-air presenter.
• Understand market research to conceptualize and create stories impactful to the community.
• Provide depth, context, and perspective in your reporting.
• Participate in special projects as assigned.
• Shoot and edit video, still photos, and graphics to illustrate stories in a compelling way.
• Works closely and cooperatively with photojournalists, assignment desk, broadcast and digital producers, managers, video editors, and production team.
• Provide live or taped reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
• Writes and edits scripts for broadcast and digital on deadline.
• Part of weekend on call rotation.
• Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism, related degree, or equivalent years of experience.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience as television news reporter.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and libel law.
• Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws impacting operations.
• Must be a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated, critical thinker, able to multi-task and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Must be an excellent conversational writer with solid news judgment.
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
• Videography and non-linear editing experience.
• Prior knowledge of ENPS and Final Cut Pro (or similar systems) preferred
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
• Proficient at posting content to various websites, social media, and digital platforms.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
SCRIPPS' COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery, Laff and TrueReal. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company
Norfolk VA USA
Jobs in Norfolk VA United States
Multimedia Journalist, WTKR Norfolk jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.