Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Bendigo VIC Australia
1 month ago
On our journey to be Australia’s bank of choice, we continue to set the example of how banking should be: progressive, innovative, sustainable, shared, and most importantly, trusted.
Our Corporate Development team supports the Bank to achieve its vision to be Australia’s bank of choice by providing advice, analysis, and transaction execution in the key strategic areas of Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), Strategic Partnerships and projects, as well as Business Advisory.
About the role
We currently have a permanent opportunity for a Corporate Development Analyst to join the team, reporting into the Head of Corporate Development. You will play a pivotal role supporting the team and informing the business, particularly in the areas of corporate development and strategic projects.
No two days will be the same as you research opportunities, assist with the management of transactions, prepare financial models and valuations, as well as developing ad hoc reporting and... presentations. You’ll bring your experience in corporate financial analysis from either investment banking, corporate advisory, or accounting to conduct research, evaluations, and modelling, to provide insightful recommendations.
With genuine access and visibility to key senior decision makers you’ll have a unique career opportunity to stand out, influence, and make a difference in an in-house environment. Seeing projects through from start to finish, and building strong internal relationships with key stakeholders will provide you with broader and deeper subject matter expertise.
Join a small, non-hierarchical team who all pitch in and roll up their sleeves, are collaborative, and driven. You’ll get to work on a variety of projects and be surrounded by experienced colleagues that will share their knowledge and experience with you.
This permanent full-time role can be based in Melbourne or Bendigo for the days that you’re in the office, with hybrid ways of working our norm.
As the Corporate Development Analyst you’ll get to:
• Conduct in depth financial analysis, model preparation, and valuations to support decisions for the acquisition and divestment of businesses and other strategic decisions
• Ensure best practice modelling techniques and model accuracy, including liaising with key stakeholders on model assumptions and inputs
• Utilise various sources to conduct background research on M&A, and other corporate development opportunities
• Collate and present research in a professional and concise manner, allowing informed decision making
• Assist with the management of M&A transactions and strategic projects, including coordination of due diligence activities
• Document and present insights, develop ad hoc reporting, and prepare presentations for Senior Leaders and Board
• Foster relationships with peers at investment banks and external advisors
To be successful in the role, you'll have:
• A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline such as Business, Finance, Economics, or equivalent
• Demonstrated prior experience in financial analysis in investment banking, corporate advisory, accounting firm, or equivalent large corporate
• Advanced financial modelling skills including proven experience creating financial models within a corporate finance setting
• Knowledgeable in corporate finance concepts (including valuation techniques)
• Superior quantitative and analytical skills with strong commercial acumen and strategic mindset
• Good research skills, covering areas such as market trends and competitor analysis
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build credibility with senior management and productive working relationships
• Well-developed organisational and project management skills
• CA/CPA/Post-graduate studies and financial services experience will be highly regarded
What we offer
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Working with us opens the door to a whole lot more than a fee free account. Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. A career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank will see you become part of the team, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll get all the assistance you need to reach your full potential.
Bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on-the-job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury, or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
Be quick to apply! Applications will be reviewed as they are received and may close before the listed closing date of Thursday 23rd February.
If you’re excited to be part of an organisation with strong values and a community focus - then this could be the role for you! Apply now
Bendigo VIC Australia (+2 others)
Corporate Development Analyst Bendigo VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.