HAYS Melbourne VIC Australia
1 month ago
Opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join a company working on Defence Projects
Your new company
You will be working for a company which prides itself on career growth and opportunity. This leading automation company is currently leading the path for Automation in Australia providing solutions to problems as well as preventative solutions. This innovative company are undergoing huge growth.
Your new role
The Electrical Design Engineer will produce drawings and designs as per client standards and design guidelines in coordination with other Lead Engineers and Project Managers. The Designer will be responsible for working with project team members including lead project engineers and drafters to complete the design. .
• Reading and interpreting site audit photos, technical drawings, schematics, termination wiring and scope of works to produce detailed design drawings in accordance with client standards
• Drafting of design drawings using AutoCAD package and / or delegation of... design requirements to a Drafter.
• Development of power calculations to determine loads and battery sizes
• Liaise with manufacturers if required for development of equipment schedules for sites
• Development of detailed engineering report for electrical installation changes required on site
• Developing drawing design standards for consistency and accuracy
• Responsible for the on-time delivery of the allocated work schedules
• Ensure the safety of designs through application of specialist expertise, standards, reviews, risk assessments and risk management
• Work within a team to deliver results within allocated time, budget, and quality constraints.
• Familiarisation with client design standards and ability to translate requirements into a workable design solution.
What you'll need to succeed
• Electrical Engineering Degree
• Experience in Schneider, Siemens, Omron and various others PLC systems.
• Baseline requirements knowledge
• Strong experience with AutoCAD and familiarity with PLC/RTU wiring diagrams and network interface MicroStation CAD software, ETAP (Electrical Transient Analyzer Program) software
• Understanding of AS/NZS 3000 Wiring Rules and Electrical Regulations.
• Understand electrical wiring and panel building based on ELV and LV designs.
• Switchboard / Control Panel design and manufacturing experience will be an advantage.
• NV1 clearance or ability to obtain (aus citizen)
• Understanding of multidiscipline requirements.
What you'll get in return
Working for a company which will give you exposure across multiple projects in varying areas of the market with huge growth plans in place for the future. This company allows for a flexible work life balance, career growth and an attractive remuneration package. This is a position not to be missed.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to [email protected] or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2746769
Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
Electrical Engineer Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.