Quality Staffing Pro
Quality Staffing Pro Toronto Canada
1 month ago
One of our Government client (Canadian Forces College) is seeking 1 Librarian to work on an initial 3 month contract. The shift is Monday to Friday (8am-4pm) and the start date is in 3 weeks.
Education - Mandatory
Successful completion of at least two (2) years of approved post-secondary school training in library science or some other specialty relevant to the position.
Experience - Mandatory
Recent* experience in circulating library material using one of the following major integrated library integrated systems: SYMPHONY, HORIZON, Innovative Interfaces, or Ex Libris.
Performs library duties including:
1. Performing circulation duties, including check-in and check-out, using the SYMPHONY integrated library system;
2. Using the Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel, to support library acquisitions, collection management, and library administration
3. Labeling and processing physical library material as well as adding copies in the ILS;
4... Stack management, including shelving, preparing signs for library collections;
5. Preparing surplus library materials for disposal by creating and circulating lists of surplus library material; sending surplus library material to requesting libraries; boxes remaining surplus library material for disposal;
6. Preparing material for digitization;
7. General library support including shelving, retrieving and processing library mail, photocopying, and mailing out library material; and
8. Other paraprofessional library duties as assigned by manager.
A criminal background check is required prior to the start date, which requires fingerprinting to obtain a Reliability Security Clearance.
Experience - Mandatory Recent* experience in circulating library material using one of the following major integrated library integrated systems: SYMPHONY, HORIZON, Innovative Interfaces, or Ex Libris
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.