I work for NSW
I work for NSW Central Coast NSW Australia
1 month ago
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time (until June 2024)
Position Classification: Midwife Manager Grade 1
Remuneration: $118299.25 - $120720.34 + Super
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ375857
Location: Broken Hill NSW
What You'll Be Doing
• Provide high level support to the Executive Director of Nursing & Midwifery in the planning, implementation and evaluation of key strategic directions for Midwifery services
• This includes leading the NSW Health Hyperemesis Gravidarum Initiative, Midwifery Group Practice Review recommendations, Governance and Accountability in NSW Maternity Services improvement plan as well as other priority projects within the Nursing and Midwifery Directorate.
• Extra week paid annual leave every year
• Salary packaging (pay less tax!), this includes Remote Area Housing Assistance Benefits and Employee Meal and Entertainment Card
• Paid Allocated Day Off (ADO) Every Month
• Isolation & climate allowance
• Special rates at local gyms
•... Support through advanced education & training
• A comfortable country lifestyle that supports balance & wellbeing
About Broken Hill
A true “Oasis in the Outback”, Broken Hill is a thriving regional town in far west NSW full of diversity, history and character. Being Australia’s first city to be Nationally Heritage Listed, Broken Hill is a culturally rich town with a vibrant art scene with over 20 galleries! The unique attractions, festivals and beautiful natural landscapes see tourists flock from all over, but the ones who stay quickly fall in love with the place and its livability.
With a population just shy of 20,000, Broken Hill is small enough to allow for a relaxed country lifestyle, while big enough to provide all the desired facilities of a regional hub including major supermarkets and retail stores, excellent schools (7 primary & 2 high), multiple gyms & aquatic centre, well-known fast food franchises and a plethora of trendy restaurants, pubs and cafés.
The beautiful Murray-Riverina region is just 2.5 hours from Broken Hill, and after a short, 5-hour drive you can enjoy the beautiful Barossa Valley – South Australia’s internationally acclaimed wine region. For a town so unique, it’s really not that far away with just a short 1hr15m flight from Adelaide, a 2hr flight from Melbourne or a 2hr30m flight from Sydney.
Broken Hill truly is a town like no other with a supportive community that will welcome you with open arms. We can’t wait to see you soon!
• Current registration as a Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia with at least 5 years full time equivalent post registration experience and relevant post graduate qualifications (or willingness to obtain)
• Appropriate experience and knowledge relevant to Hyperemesis Gravidarum, Midwifery Group Practice, and Governance and Accountability in Maternity Services.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and also to work collaboratively with clients, carers, the multidisciplinary team and services across the continuum.
• High level of organisational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritise and meet competing demands and key performance indicators.
• High level communication and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively engage with a multidisciplinary team and confidence in negotiation at all levels of the organisation
• Demonstrated capacity to provide clinical governance and leadership, and experience in the provision of education to peers, clients and other service providers.
• Understanding of change management and project planning principles and proven experience with management of service improvement project/s and achievement of key deliverables.
• Current NSW driver's license and ability and willingness to travel for work purposes.
About The Far West LHD
The Far West Local Health District is the westernmost LHD under NSW Health, providing high quality public health services to the communities in far west NSW. Our vision is to create "excellence in rural and remote healthcare". The key to our success is our diverse and inclusive workforce. We employ over 800 clinicians and support staff across 9 health facilities in Broken Hill, Balranald, Dareton, Ivanhoe, Menindee, Tibooburra, Wentworth, White Cliffs and Wilcannia. We encourage you to consider joining our friendly team for a meaningful and rewarding career in rural and remote healthcare.
Need more information?
• Click here for the Position Description
• Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Chelsea Anderson on [email protected]
Applications Close: 13/2/2023
Central Coast NSW Australia
Jobs in Central Coast NSW Australia
Midwife Manager Grade 1 Central Coast NSW jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.