Universität Zürich Zürich Switzerland
1 month ago
Department of Business Administration
Marketing in the Digital Economy
Postdoc Position in Branding and Brand Management
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher in the area of branding and brand management to join the team of Professor Andrea Giuffredi-Kähr, in the Department of Business Administration at the University of Zurich (Switzerland). Prof. Giuffredi-Kähr's research focuses on how consumers interact with brands, particularly how digitalization has transformed these areas and its implications for marketing management.
• Develop and conduct empirical research within the project «Narcissistic, Machiavellian, and Psychopathic Brands: Measurement, Outcomes, and Contingency Factors», funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation
• Assist in teaching activities related to brand management and digital marketing at the Master's level (by agreement, with an additional employment at an hourly rate)
• Supervise Bachelor and/or Master's... theses
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
• Ph.D. in business administration
• Strong interest and extensive experience in empirical research in marketing, ideally in the field of branding and brand management (e.g., brand transgressions, brand relationships) and consumer decision-making
• Strong methodological and statistical skills, ideally with experience in web scraping, databases, and data science tools (e.g. R, Python, SQL)
• Publication experience in peer-reviewed journals is an advantage
• Willingness and ability to work independently and in a team
• Strong command of English, written and spoken. Basic knowledge of German is helpful, but not required.
What we offer
The candidate will get the opportunity to work and develop their research skills in a stimulating, dynamic, and collegial working environment. They will get the opportunity to present their work at international conferences and interact with internationally renowned scientists. The salary is competitive and set in accordance with the guidelines/scale of the canton of Zurich.
Place of work
Plattenstrasse 14, 8032 Zürich
Start of employment
The appointment is for two years (if possible, with renewal), starting as soon as possible. The annual salary is based on the Swiss public pay scale.
To be considered for this position, qualified applicants are requested to enclose the
following documents in PDF format when sending their application:
• Cover letter (about 2 pages) describing their interest in and potential approach to investigating a "dark" brand personality (e.g., Why do consumers purchase from such brands? How can negative outcomes be mitigated? How can a "dark" brand personality be measured using social media data such as Twitter?) as well as their general career goals
• Current curriculum vitae
• Reprints of two of their articles
• Academic transcripts
In addition, two letters of recommendation should be emailed directly by the letter writers to the same address.
All documents should be sent with the subject line "Application for the Postdoc Position" to the following email address: andrea.giuffredi
Postdoc Position in Branding and Brand Management 50 % Zürich jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.