ausy BE Bornem Belgium
1 month ago
Interesse in een job als project engineer? Interesse of ervaring in packaging?
Wil je graag meer info?
011 36 08 31
The team is looking for a mechanical design engineer at heart, who thrives in putting to paper new ideas and concepts. The candidate should have a good dose of passion and creativity for the core of the function, namely hands-on design itself.
Design various mechanical assemblies and solve engineering details for all designs. Uses advanced software tools, enabling FEA and motion simulations on the virtual machinery to define the best possible optimization and selects the elements to be purchased from the trade to complete the design.
• Design Activities
• Starts his/her designs by listening to the "customer".
• Organizes design review meetings as appropriate during the design phase.
• Will subject the actual construction of the prototype to the prior formal approach of both the customer and the... management.
• Looks into the safety of the designs as a prime focus. Following the safety aspects, he/she also gives attention to the ecological and environmental aspects of the concepts such as reduced noise levels.
• Formulates, as needed and in function of his involvement in cross functional teams, proposals for improvements to existing mechanisms.
• Performs at a high functional level, robustness and maintenance friendliness are equally obvious concerns.
• Identifies in the conceptual phase the wear parts and minimizes these with a balance in mind between investment and repair and maintenance costs.
• Produces proper assembly and detailed drawings as well as parts list of each design made.
• Disposes of a fair working knowledge of machine shop operations to make economically justified design decisions by him/herself.
• Implementation activities
• Asks prices where needed for fabrication and trade purchase items.
• Performs a close follow up of the ordered parts as they are delivered to ensure quality of component parts.
• Organizes and ensures proper electronic filing of drawings. Is responsible for prompt and correct execution of Design Change Requests.
• CAD system and training
• Provides support and is the ultimate practical hands-on reference in the Company for the correct use, and standardization within of the drawing software package selected by the management.
• Attends as directed the necessary training courses related to new issues of the existing standard or potential new standard drawing software.
• He/She reports the insights gained to advise management; but complies in the end with whatever choice is made by the latter.
• Preferably disposes of practical working knowledge of several drawing software packages and related file conversion programs.
• Disposes of a fair working knowledge of the key databases used for the filing of the drawings.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
your profile Requirements:
• Education: Master's degree in engineering – preferably Industrial Engineering.
• Professionals with revelant experience: 3-6 years. (Machine building, non ecstatic design)
• Graduates: the team is open to recently graduated engineers. Please notice a first call will be performed to understad the motivations for the function. In the case of graduates, motivation will be a key-factor, that should be proven through the studies and extracurricular activities of the candidate.
• Language: English, Dutch (doens't need to be native, but needs to be able to folllow day-to day conversations).
our offer You can count on a salary matching the market value for your skills and experience. you'll also be receiving other benefits such as:
• Meal vouchers
• Eco vouchers
• 32 days off due to the 'adv' system
• A free invitation to technical events or company events such as our ausy family day or techical workshops
• and last but not least: personal guidance throughout your projects and a human first culture
• Freelancers can also apply
Mechanical Designer Bornem jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.