WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.
WatchGuard Technologies, Inc. Santa Rita do Sapucaí State of Minas Gerais Brazil
1 month ago
WatchGuard embraces a Flexible Work Philosophy. Most of our employees can choose to work from the office, at home, or any combination of the two. We’ve built a global workforce of outstanding team members and a flexible culture built on trust, collaboration, and belonging.
Who You are:
You are a passionate, solutions oriented, SDLC driven full-stack Staff Software Engineer who has tremendous professional experience in tech in an agile setup and is up for a challenge. You come with very strong technical skills and experience in multiple technologies and programming languages, and you love building secure and quality software. You are more than comfortable with JIRA, Confluence, Test-Driven Design, AWS (Amazon Web Services) and/or Azure cloud technologies and have built and deployed numerous large-scale and high-performance cloud-based services using multiple languages and frameworks like Java, Python, and Angular.
You are inquisitive, you love learning, you know how to get to the... right answers even if you do not know them to start with. You listen carefully and voice your challenges and progress to your leaders. You have the knack for innovation; you are driven by the desire to help our customers/partners succeed. You also embody the other human values that we care about most (accountability, belonging, bias for action) and you know that people matter most.
What to expect as a “Staff Software Engineer” in WatchGuard:
The Staff Software Engineer role in WatchGuard engineering team is perfectly suited for strong technical folks who are creative, motivated, curious, and good listener, and as you ramp up in your responsibilities you would be critical in helping us achieve the following main objectives:
· Develop yourself by learning more robust processes using agile methodologies and working with globally distributed teams with asynchronous communication across diverse cultures and time zones. Your team depends upon your input and guidance.
· Ensure that you understand the vision, are held accountable, meet commitments, consider choices for high-performance and resilient software, and have strong software engineering discipline (test-driven design, unit test code coverage, automation, staying on top of OSS compliance and vulnerabilities, monitoring focused, secure coding practices, etc.).
· Mentor other engineers and continue to develop command over all aspects of delivering high-quality software (design, documentation, unit tests, code reviews, security, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, etc.) built on top of microservices architecture (both containerized and serverless) using misc. relational (SQL / MySQL / Postgres etc.) and NoSQL (Elasticsearch / OpenSearch / Document DB / DynamoDB etc.) database technologies.
· Uphold our standards and maturity levels of running world-class security services in the cloud by designing more secure, reliable, and scalable cloud-managed security services (architecture and infrastructure wise).
· Maintain an open environment of collaboration, transparency, innovation, and fun for positive teamwork.
A Typical “Day in the Life of a Staff Software Engineer” in WatchGuard
The Staff Software Engineer at WatchGuard is not seen just as a motivated and curious developer who is always willing to learn modern technologies and techniques but also as someone who is providing leadership and direction to the way we build and deliver software. The Staff Software Engineer takes ownership of the development process and collaborates with other engineers to mentor and guide them. To evolve in your career and execute excellent work, you need to show following important characteristics on a day-to-day basis:
· Big picture thinking: You are always able to step back and take in a broader view, see beyond the immediate and obvious scenario, and understand the whole context. You are evaluating your and your teammates’ choices while anticipating challenges and long-term goals. You have a strategic view of what you are doing and what needs to be done next.
· Leveling up: You are raising the standards and skills of engineers around you (whether they are part of your team or not). This responsibility includes direct teaching, mentoring, providing feedback, reviews, and indirectly influencing by being a role model.
· Taking ownership and decisions: You are now seen as someone who is at the top tier of engineering skills. So, you must demonstrate effective technical leadership, take decisions, and drive the development activities (and the teams in the right direction). It is possible that in your role you may be involved with more than one project at the same time, and being the owner means that you must assume responsibility for what you and your teams are doing. You will also be engaging with product management and customer support to understand customer feedback and needs.
· Guiding execution: The projects you are working on are complex and sometimes multi-faceted. They will require strong technical skills but also soft skills. You should be able to influence and drive the team and your work to deliver excellence in a predictable time.
· Showing initiative and commitment: You are now part of an experienced and strong group of engineers, but there is still a lot to learn and while you are learning it is super important that you do not wait for anything to get your hands, you need to have initiative to pursue the activities and commitment in finish them before the next challenge.
· Applying analytical and logical mind: You are writing solutions to solve real problems for our customers. So, you need to understand our customers and what is important for them. You are not just following instructions, you comprehend your tasks, ask questions, bring suggestions, and find the best solution to deliver what is required.
· Demonstrating curiosity and genuine interest in learning: You will be in contact with more senior engineers and architects as well as working in a complex environment and product. So, you will have the opportunity to gain experience all the time and it is imperative that you have an interest in evolving with the daily experience and becoming a stronger engineer tomorrow.
· Maintaining teamwork and collaboration: You will be collaborating with a team to deliver something important to our customers and build a safer world. So, you are not alone, and it is important for you to think collectively, helping others around you and demonstrating gratitude to your colleagues for helping you. For that you must have strong empathy and be able to communicate clearly and efficiently.
Why Work for WatchGuard?
WatchGuard is a global leader in network security and intelligence, advanced endpoint protection, multi-factor authentication, and secure Wi-Fi. Our award-winning products and services are trusted worldwide by more than 18,000 security resellers and service providers to protect more than 250,000 customers. Our technology keeps our customers ahead of increasingly sophisticated hackers and has fueled record revenues at WatchGuard.
WatchGuard is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with team members working remotely and in offices worldwide.
Our company culture places an intense focus on our customers and employees. From the newest employee to our CEO, you'll find that each person at WatchGuard embodies our Core Values: Accountability, Community, Belonging, Action, Innovation, and Customer-Centric. Learn more about our company culture at www.watchguard.com/wgrd-careers.
WatchGuard provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified employees, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, age, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression or identity), marital status, mental or physical disability, honorably discharged veteran or military status or any other category protected by federal, state or local laws. Our equal employment opportunity (or EEO) policy focuses solely on the talent, hard work, contributions, and actual results achieved by each WatchGuard employee and on the potential of employment candidates to make such contributions. We consider focusing on an employee's protected characteristics rather than on talent, hard work, and actual work results to violate our EEO policy. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. WatchGuard participates in E-verify.
WatchGuard is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability
Santa Rita do Sapucaí State of Minas Gerais Brazil
Jobs in Santa Rita do Sapucaí State of Minas Gerais Brazil
Staff Software Engineer Santa Rita do Sapucaí jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.