Barclays Corporate & Investment Bank
Barclays Corporate & Investment Bank London United Kingdom
1 month ago
Head of Trade Loans
As a Barclays Head of Trade Loans, you will sit within the Trade Working Capital (TWC) Product Management team. The team you’ll be working on will be responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle management of products related to client channels across the UK, Europe, APAC & ME and Americas. As a Barclays Head of Trade Loans, you will also be responsible for all client segments from small and medium enterprises to global corporates, including FI and Non-Bank Financial Institutions.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and... supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Providing product advice and guidance to sales staff and other internal stakeholders
• Leading the smooth execution of structured & complex deals supported by senior stakeholders
• Managing Process Optimisation, and owning the end-to-end client journey
• Ensuring that the core processes that support the product are robust and deliver the right outcome for our clients
• Assisting in internal platform management as well as understand market innovations to reinforce product solutions
• Assessing Barclays and market ESG practices to champion and grow TWC ESG agenda
• Leading and Presenting to various internal forums, including Change and Governance forums
• Leading product initiatives for Trade & Working Capital, with emphasis on Product Strategy, Product Development & Performance
What We’re Looking For
• Good working knowledge of Trade Finance products (LCs, SBLCs, Trade Loans, ECA offering)
• Proven track record of owning and delivering projects and/or initiatives
• Experience of product ownership in a financial services organisation
• Experience of working in a regulatory environment with attention to the detail
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken)
• Results driven with a good sense of accountability
• A proactive, motivated approach
• Decision-making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement and lead discussions
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within
Head of Trade Loans London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.